Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #21

Agree! Dump any crud any time you can. Don't leave that stuff in there to continue to build sewer gas from the bacteria. I dump at the end of every trip with plenty of added water to help flush stuff out.

After dumping, I add about a cup of FOCA laundry powder to the toilet and flush with about 2 gallons of water. Drive to the parking spot and forget it. the FOCA powder contains enzymes that aid in breaking up poop. We've never had a bad smell from our toilet. Have fun.
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarland48 View Post
Agree! Dump any crud any time you can. Don't leave that stuff in there to continue to build sewer gas from the bacteria. I dump at the end of every trip with plenty of added water to help flush stuff out.

After dumping, I add about a cup of FOCA laundry powder to the toilet and flush with about 2 gallons of water. Drive to the parking spot and forget it. the FOCA powder contains enzymes that aid in breaking up poop. We've never had a bad smell from our toilet. Have fun.
Cheap laundry "pods" work too. Less than half a buck each for the inexpensive stuff.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #23

Dump it & flush it. It's just not something I want to bring home.
velorandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #24
New FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent View Post
I would dump it but also use a can for the toilet paper. Overnight is not long enough to dissolve the paper and it can get stuck on the valves. We have a small covered can next to the toilet.
We use a small covered can next to the toilet too. It's great. Put a bag in it for easy dumping. Gives you the flexibility to use any TP you like with no worries. I put a small deodorizer in the bottom of the can and then a plastic bag produce bag (re-using). Works nicely.
JBHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #25

Maggots!!
Sharon.72064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #26

I would add ~15-20 gallons of water before leaving(or night before or something) then dump as you leave.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHere View Post
We use a small covered can next to the toilet too. It's great. Put a bag in it for easy dumping. Gives you the flexibility to use any TP you like with no worries. I put a small deodorizer in the bottom of the can and then a plastic bag produce bag (re-using). Works nicely.
We do the same and it really helps. I gotta confess, on 3 day weekend trips, we generate about 3 gallons of black water waste is used to fertilize my wife's flower garden. Let me tell you, the flowers have never looked better. It was good enough to fertilize rice paddies when I was stationed in Korea 20 years ago and I guess it is good enough for my flower garden ;-) I was even generous enough to share some of my fertilizer with my next door neighbor.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank