Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #1

newbie with an overflow hose question

So my wife and I bought a new xlr 24fqsl this summer. We have only got to use it a couple times this year but after the last use I noticed this hose became loose. I assume its an overflow for the freshwater tank.? Please correct me if im wrong. It used to be tight but now I can move it up and down spin it around etc. Im not sure of what is up and on the other side of this hose so im wondering if it was once connected to something that was supposed to be a permanent connection.? Im wondering if it was connected to the tank and has come loose or something. This is our first camper so everything is new to us and its a frustrating learning curve but we are getting there. The low point drain hoses are towards the front of the trailer and have had no problem with those. Thanks for any input!

jmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #2

Looks like the underbelly is sagging.
If your talking about that blue hose in the pic, I think that is your low point drain.
If you go under the trailer and push up on the under belly can you hear water swoshing around.
If so possibly your low point drain maybe be disconnected.

John
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #3

The low point drain hoses are towards the front. This hose exits more in the center just in front of the first axle.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #4

Looks like the drain for your fresh water tank. If you have water in the tank and you remove that white cap on the end, fresh water should drain form that line. Have you tried removing the cap?? If that hose became disconnected from the tank then all the fresh water drained out --- if there ever was any in the tank.

Can you push some of that insulation aside and peek up there?
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #5

Yeah that's right. When we are done camping I take off the cap to drain the tank. I just remember that this hose used to be snug as a bug and now it is loose like it has become disconnected. I have not filled the fresh water since I noticed it loose. And well, we havn't gone camping. I am going to have to find a way to peek up in there and hopefully get a look at what might be going on.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Yeah that's right. When we are done camping I take off the cap to drain the tank. I just remember that this hose used to be snug as a bug and now it is loose like it has become disconnected. I have not filled the fresh water since I noticed it loose. And well, we havn't gone camping. I am going to have to find a way to peek up in there and hopefully get a look at what might be going on.
I'm guessing it has disconnected from the fresh water tank and water may have drained out causing your underbelly to sag.

Speaking of sagging underbelly's can anyone offer a good way to stiffen them up and secure them better? Should I just add more screws into the frame like the ones from the factory?

Thanks,
Matt
Lowes48fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I believe the frame drops there as opposed to a sag in the corplast. A simple 2 gallons of water could confirm disconnection or not. Could be a loop and just loosening with road vibration.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #8

So this is what I am dealing with so far. I cut into the underbelly fabric and found my hose unthreaded from the freshwater tank. Not sure how this happened but could be from me twisting the cap without holding the hose causing the hose to loosen at the same time. The only issue I see is that the freshwater tank shifted and I had to move it about 8 inches to realign the drain hose to get it rethreaded in. I cannot understand how or why the tank is not secure to prevent any movement. If I travel with any water in the system that tank is going to be continuously moving around because of the water sloshing around inside. I can understand if this is a build mistake but if it was designed this way I would not be a happy camper. This camper is less than a few months old so I have been in contact with my dealer to find out if I need to bring it in for some sort of repair but havn't got the word yet. Regardless, I now need to repair two slices in my underbelly material. One 16" slice to be able to see what the heck was going on and one 6" slice in the middle to drain the gallon of water that didn't drain out after the hose became disconnected.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:04 AM   #9

should have gone right back to the dealer, if its under warranty the dealer nay not repair it if you mess with it
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags