Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #1

Newby signing in... PLEASE HELP!

I just got my first RV, a 2006 Surveyor. Can someone tell me where the water pump is on this dern thing? LOL And I hooked up my garden hose to the Shore Hookup, and still don't get any water. Is there not enough pressure from my home pump to get water to the faucets? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, I'm just not seeing anything in the book that came with it and I'm getting frustrated. Is there a video out there that pertains to my specific camper?
Thanks in advance.
Chip
ChipM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If the water heater isn't full the pump and or city water hookup will normally fill it first.
open the pressure relief valve on wh to purge air as it fills.

Also on the city water connection theres a check valve that may be stuck.

The water pump is normally located inside the camper right behind where you fill fresh water tank and hook up city water but on the inside of the camper.
Sometimes under seats or behind false panels.

Was your camper winterized ? are the by passed valves in the correct position ?

turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #3

Water pump will be really close to the water tank. Have you put water in the tank? You did not hook up the city water to the black tank flush line? If so you don't want water to the faucets. good luck
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipM View Post
Is there a video out there that pertains to my specific camper?
Thanks in advance.
Chip
it would help more if you posted the model number of your Surveyor. year and brand isn't enough, since the water pump location can differ in each model.

but there's no video out there that i've ever seen on that old of a Surveyor.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtatioin View Post
Water pump will be really close to the water tank...
Not on ours, water pump is in driver side garage and water heater is in the right rear corner of the trailer. Couldn't get them any farther apart on our trailer. But we have a rear kitchen which might explain it altho the bathroom is right above the water pump.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #6

Hey Turbs,
It was winterized. I did get a dribble of the pink stuff come out when I hooked up the hose, so that also makes me think there isn't a blockage. I figured I would get something out of the cold water side though. I also did open up the release valve on the water heater but couldn't hear water coming into it. Perhaps there is a blockage there. Could the pump possibly be on the outside. I didn't see it on the inside, but I'll look again. And you mention by-pass valves,, where would they be?
Thanks for your help my friend.
Chip
Old 06-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #7

For water pump, if you have booth dinette set, look under the seats.....might be there.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #8

I think you're right Fonz Thanks my friend.
Cheers
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #9

OK,,, found the pump under dinette seat. Inline fuse is good. Going to hook battery back up now and see what I can find. There is a T valve there in hose from tank to pump. One hose coming into the T isn't hooked to anything, I'm assuming it's for being able to pump in the winterizing solution. If I still can't figure it out, I'll take a picture and show what I have. YEE HAAA,, having fun now!!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
OK,,, found the pump under dinette seat. Inline fuse is good. Going to hook battery back up now and see what I can find. There is a T valve there in hose from tank to pump. One hose coming into the T isn't hooked to anything, I'm assuming it's for being able to pump in the winterizing solution. If I still can't figure it out, I'll take a picture and show what I have. YEE HAAA,, having fun now!!
Yes its the winterize tube.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #11

Quick update.. Good news, got the pump up and running. water flowing nicely. Ran some water through the shower, a few minutes later .. BAMB! water starts running out from under the tub and into the den (Parked on slight slope in back yard). Now I know why there's a little give in the floor right in front of the stove. Ok... could be I need to re caulk the seam between tub and shower wall. I did spray a good bit along the edge cleaning it out,, or there may be a leak in tub drain line. Here we go. Wish me luck. (keep smiling,, it'll be ok,, it'll be ok,, it'll be ok)
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Quick update.. Good news, got the pump up and running. water flowing nicely. Ran some water through the shower, a few minutes later .. BAMB! water starts running out from under the tub and into the den (Parked on slight slope in back yard). Now I know why there's a little give in the floor right in front of the stove. Ok... could be I need to re caulk the seam between tub and shower wall. I did spray a good bit along the edge cleaning it out,, or there may be a leak in tub drain line. Here we go. Wish me luck. (keep smiling,, it'll be ok,, it'll be ok,, it'll be ok)
Most likely the plumbing leaking.
Not the surround itself.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #13

If it were not for the slack in the wall when I sprayed it,,, I would agree with you, but i swear I think it's from th the seam... I'l let you know..
Cheers bro,, thanks for the input,\
Chip