Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 12:56 AM   #1

No gray water valve

I just purchased a 2941 forester and noticed there is no valve for the gray water. Was running the sink water and it was running right on the ground. Do I need to put a valve on it or will just a cap over the outlet work? Doesn't seem like much room to add a valve. Any suggestions? Thx
Mwidaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:21 AM   #2

I'd love to see pictures of this.
Bako88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bako88fan View Post
I'd love to see pictures of this.
Me too. Obvious factory mis-step. Get it back to your dealer asap.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #4

The unit is used,I would have a WAG that it was set up by PO to be a "Self Drainer" on a Perm Site! Youroo!!
Old 06-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
ttg

My brand new Crusader had no drain rod for galley grey tank which I discovered first night out.
The monitor showed fresh water, grey tank, galley tank, black tank and battery yet I only had pull rods for Black and grey tanks. ( 1 rod missing )
What I found was a hole in the frame near the other two rods. It required the purchase of a new rod which went through the hole and screwed into the hidden discharge valve for the galley holding tank.
It appears that the original rod had unscrewed itself and disappeared during delivery to the dealer.
This might be an answer to your problem
ttg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttg View Post
My brand new Crusader had no drain rod for galley grey tank which I discovered first night out.
The monitor showed fresh water, grey tank, galley tank, black tank and battery yet I only had pull rods for Black and grey tanks. ( 1 rod missing )
What I found was a hole in the frame near the other two rods. It required the purchase of a new rod which went through the hole and screwed into the hidden discharge valve for the galley holding tank.
It appears that the original rod had unscrewed itself and disappeared during delivery to the dealer.
This might be an answer to your problem
ttg

First you said you had no drain rod for grey tank then you said you did so I assume this is just an error? Regardless one rod was missing!
bobbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #7
ttg

Not an error.
Once repaired I have 1 X black and 2 X Grey = 3 drain rods.
The point is that the rods can unscrew and drop out and this leaves a hole the size of a silver dollar in the frame indicating where the pull rod goes through the frame into the slide valve.
ttg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:12 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

They make blade valves that fit right on the outlet port. Get yourself one and you'll have a shutoff.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #9
CJ2

That's true, but it won't allow you to drain the black water first. Got mine used and was set up like that, but I added a grey valve in ADDITION to one at the outlet as a safe second.
CJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, grey water