Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #1

No Hot Water 2011 Wildwood 31QBSS

Help! We are using our new camper and I can't get more than 5 seconds of hot water. It is a propane only model and it has been lit for 24 hours now. I have it on medium high heat setting but i only get 3 to 5 seconds of hot water then it goes cold. Any ideas? We are using on board water btw.
greg1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

Check to make sure your bypass valves are in correct positions.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #3

if it has a relief valve, lift it up and see if water comes out if there is no water the valve is in bypass, flip it. why do you state it ran for 24 hours? it should have and efi that only starts the tank when it has water in it and when the temperature drops, it should never always run if it is you may need to take it back to your dealer, i think.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1217 View Post
Help! We are using our new camper and I can't get more than 5 seconds of hot water. It is a propane only model and it has been lit for 24 hours now. I have it on medium high heat setting but i only get 3 to 5 seconds of hot water then it goes cold. Any ideas? We are using on board water btw.

The first time I winterized my rig, I am now remembering, of not returning the hot water tank bypass valves back to their original postiion in the spring. Result, I had the same proplem you are experiencing; A short burst of hot water and then cold.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
The first time I winterized my rig, I am now remembering, of not returning the hot water tank bypass valves back to their original postiion in the spring. Result, I had the same proplem you are experiencing; A short burst of hot water and then cold.
That was it! Once I found the bypass valves I see why it was doing what it was doing. Thanks!
greg1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #6

Phew! Now you can take that shower