Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #1

No hot water in kitchen - Sunseeker 3270

We are on our first trip in our brand new Sunseeker 3270. Love the new rig, but have discovered a problem at the kitchen sink. There is no water flow at all on the hot water side of the faucet. We have hot water in the bathroom (sink and shower) and the outside shower. The kitchen faucet has a single handle for both cold and hot. Cold water flows fine, but when I switch the handle to hot, the water just stops.

I checked under the sink to see if there were shut off valves, but there were none. The hot and cold lines disappeared behind the stove to an area that appeared inaccessible.

I suspect either a bad faucet or a kinked line somewhere. Apparently, neither Forest River nor our dealer tested this before delivery.

Since the rig is brand new and under warranty, I will take it back to the dealer to fix. I am posting this message to see if there is something I have overlooked.

Thanks,
Mark

MarkK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #2

Sounds like some "trash" is blocking the hot water side of the cartridge inside the faucet.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #3

Bob - Thanks for the suggestion. I would not have expected this on a new unit, but anything is possible and this is a simple thing to check.

I did not mention in my original post that the Sunseeker 3270 has a full length slide out, that includes the kitchen area. Therefore, the water lines to the kitchen sink (hot and cold) and the kitchen sink drain line must move with the slide out.

I spoke to a few people and the dealer and they suggested that the hot water line may have a kink somewhere blocking the flow. This might be the issue because, when I pulled the slide out back in, the hot water at the kitchen sink came out in a very small trickle, as opposed to nothing at all with the slide out extended. Unfortunately, after looking in as many nooks and crannies as possible, I could not see where the hot water line to the kitchen sink was routed. I looked under the kitchen sink and saw the water lines disappearing behind the stove, but could not see anything beyond that.

Unless I get some suggestions as to where the lines go, I am going to have to go back to the dealer.
MarkK10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, sunseeker, water