Old 07-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbucky View Post
In the case of my kitchen one, my screen was actually fine. There were gaskets and (flow restrictors?) inside behind the screen that actually had some little scale chips that were clogging it.
I take all the restrictors out and file them in the circle file.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #12

I just purchased an 2012 flagstaff rlbss and the kitchen sink faucet was leaking on prep inspection so the dealer pulled one off another unit and it worked fine and they ordered another faucet for me got it in they installed it now the hot water side is fine but no cold water and you would know that it has happened while I am on my first camping trip with the new camper for 9 days.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick441 View Post
I just purchased an 2012 flagstaff rlbss and the kitchen sink faucet was leaking on prep inspection so the dealer pulled one off another unit and it worked fine and they ordered another faucet for me got it in they installed it now the hot water side is fine but no cold water and you would know that it has happened while I am on my first camping trip with the new camper for 9 days.
Take the cold water faucet off and turn the stem slowly and see if you can get water. If not, shut the pump/city water off and remove the stem and make sure there is no debris in the inlet hole. Visually check that the stem will turn so the holes line up when turned to the on position and closed in the off position.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
Site Team - Lou

Debris in the faucets (and occasionally the toilet valve).

Other than trash (saw dust typically) in the lines at construction time, the number one cause of clogged fittings is the hot water heater.

As the anode deteriorates due to galvanic action, bits of anode and calcium scale collect in the bottom of the hot water heater. These bits can be swept into the hot water pipes and really clog up the works.

The cold water faucets and the toilet are not immune since there is a low pressure formed at the cold water inlet of the hot water tank when you open the cold water faucet or flush the John. This can suck bits out of the hot water tank and into the cold water lines.

Regular maintenance of the hot water tank, including anode replacement when needed, and a thorough flushing of the tank with a flush rod (like this one made by a member) will minimize the chance of a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot Water Tank Clean out Wand.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	16826  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #15

I did fix it when I took the faucet off the check valve on the cold side was installed upside down

Tags
faucet