Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #1

No water pressure in trailer

We have a 2015 Rockwood Windjammer. Went camping this last weekend, and had very little water pressure inside trailer. Water pressure at hydrant was over 60psi and I had water regulator installed . I changed water regulator and still had very little pressure inside trailer. May wait a hour or so and have decent pressure then it would fall where there was hardly any pressure at all. Took water regulator completely out and still had no pressure. Cleaned screen going into trailer at water hookup, but still nothing. I’m a wits end, any suggestions? Water at hydrant always remained strong.
Aggie Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Has to be in trailer somewhere.

I have to admit, sheepishly, that one time this happened to me. I had my water filter installed upside down in the filter canister. I'd check the filter, if you have one.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #3

I do have a filter, will check that for sure. Didn’t know it made a difference!
Thanks
Aggie Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:06 PM   #4

If your faucets have aerators pull and check those.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #5

^^ x2

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #6

when we did out PDI last week I was amazed when we looked at the area of the water pump.

There were valves everywhere.

I would check it out real well. I suspect you have something goofy.

Like during the weatherization process. In order to suck the antifreeze out of the bottle.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to MVL1947
No water pressure in trailer !

The same thing happened to me and the water filter was the problem. Remove it and try it without the filter, best way to know if this is the problem. This happen when you stay at a camping ground having a well instead of city service.
MVL1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You've received some good answers so be sure to check all of them.

One other thing I'll throw in the mix is the city water check valve. (located behind the screen on the city water inlet connection)

I've seen these partially come apart (internally) and stick.

While they are designed to keep water from back-flowing out the city water connection when using the pump, they can impede flow going into the camper if they have an issue internally and bind or become dislodged somehow.

I'd at least pull the city water inlet screen (with the pressure inside relieved) and check the spring loaded operation to see if it depresses easily, isn't binding and that it springs back into position correctly.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #9

Once I hooked my hose up to the spigot then to the connection on my trailer and had little to no pressure. Would build up after a few minutes but then go right back to nothing. It appears I failed to clear the hose. Apparently there was some dirt in the hose as it completely clogged up my little screen over the hose connection. Took me approximately 2 hours to figure out what happened. All that time never thinking to take the hose off. Finally took it off and could see the dirt in the screen. Took it out, cleaned it and water pressure just fine.

And I usually always clear the hose first. Usually.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #10

Quickest check would be to remove the aerator from the easiest faucet to do so. Check flow and if it's up to what you expect, clean the screen/orifice int eh aerator and do likewise to the rest.

First use after a layover for winter often causes crud to plug these little screens, often from the water heater.

One way to avoid this is to remove the aerator's when de-winterizing and you're flushing out all the pink anti-freeze. When the system's flushed and you have your new filter element installed, then put the aerators on the faucets. You still have to remove these items but you won't have to clean them which in itself is a task.

BTW, don't forget to remove the shower head from the hose (both inside and out) while flushing. They can be a pain to clean too.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #11

I think Aggie Dad is gone ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, trailer, water