Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #1

No water to kitchen sink

So I'm hooked up to city water and get water at all the bathroom areas (sink, shower, toilet) but I don't get water to the kitchen sink. What's going on? Could the line have some sort of vapor lock?
jimreflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #2

You probably have debris in the end of your faucet unscrew the end and clean it out
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #3

nope no debris at faucet....
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #4

Can you hear your pump come on when you turn the faucet on?
Old 10-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #5

chevy02, he said he was hooked up to city water- no pump is needed. There is a filter usually under the kitchen sink area that is a cartridge style that may be stopped up, if there's nothing in the faucet aerator on the end. I'd start there. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #6

Thanks Randy. Tried the filter with no luck. Any other thoughts?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Is it hot and cold that do not work or just one of them? One other thing, have you tried going back to your onboard supply and running the pump to see if it still works that way?

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #8

You would have hot and cold at the kitchen sink.

Is this a single handle faucet? or a hot/cold knob faucet?

You get zero water? hot or cold? If it is a single handle then I would guess there to be a problem in the handle.

Otherwise if it were me, I would just start pulling lines apart until you find water flow and go from there.

Is your plumbing crimped connections or compression fittings? If it is crimped it is gonna be harder to troubleshoot if it is a problem away from the sink.

So yeah, climb under the sink and loosen the fittings at the sink and see if you get water. Be carefull and have pans and towels ready to catch water.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #9

try to disconect the supply pipe under you kitchen sink and run a test. If you have water and you should have water at the pipe please look at your faucet. You may have a cartridge problem?.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #10

Do u have both hot and cold in the shower? Seems like I read abt a similar prob and the water was shut off at the he heater.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #11

Thanks for all the input. I will try to summarize and respond to all. The kitchen sink has separate handles for hot and cold and neither worked. I do have hot and cold to the shower. The next day, for some reason I had water to the sink. Could this be a water pressure issue? Otherwise I can't figure out why one day there is no water and the next there is. go figure
Old 10-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #12

Sometime you can get trash in the faucet neck which will plug hot & cold both . you may want to check the strainer at the end again, IF you got water again, just to see. If this happens again you may want to try dumping your water heater & see if you can blow out with air the faucet neck back to the water heater with the plug out. That way if it is trash it goes to the water heater & Not to something else to plug up again.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #13

i'm not understanding if u had water anywhere, if u did, this won't apply: possible stuck check valve at water inlet. bad regulator.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #14

Well he said he had water in the bathroom. So I would think it was plug at the kitchen faucet. If it was the Regulator or check I would thing no water at all.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #15

i kinda got lost in the discussion. thought he had it at the toilet at first then wasn't sure.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #16

Turn off your water supply, and get a bucket and some towels, and remove the supply hoses for hot and cold under the faucet, separately. That way, you can determine if it's the faucet or not. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #17

Love a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimreflex View Post
Thanks for all the input. I will try to summarize and respond to all. The kitchen sink has separate handles for hot and cold and neither worked. I do have hot and cold to the shower. The next day, for some reason I had water to the sink. Could this be a water pressure issue? Otherwise I can't figure out why one day there is no water and the next there is. go figure
A "non-constant" intermittent problem is difficult to isolate. Being that you once had water to your kitchen sink you can rule out a perminate blockage. You can look for a migrating blockage which is almost impossible to find because many of the lines are hidden. I would first try blowing back on the lines from the sink to the city water hook-up, either using air or water. Make sure you disconnect the lines, if you have access to them, before reverse pressure. If it is something that is migrating in your lines you don't want to just move it to another location, you want it blown out. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimreflex View Post
jimreflex, I don't mean to make light of your situation but I swear that my 13-yr old son has used that excuse a few times as to why he goes days without taking a shower! I'll have him give you a call if you want to.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #19

Smile Kitchen Water Issue Resolved - Thank you all for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
You probably have debris in the end of your faucet unscrew the end and clean it out
Thank you jimreflex for posting a question that was exactly the same as the issue I was having. And a thank you as well to Chevy02 for your post. I unscrewed the filter from the faucet and the water worked fine. I little cleanup on the filter and now I have water in the kitchen again. You are all amazing and so helpful. I was concerned that the blockage was in the lines from blowing them out when de-winterizing. What a relief that it was something this simple!! Thank you again!!
Walkinspirit777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinspirit777 View Post
Thank you jimreflex for posting a question that was exactly the same as the issue I was having. And a thank you as well to Chevy02 for your post. I unscrewed the filter from the faucet and the water worked fine. I little cleanup on the filter and now I have water in the kitchen again. You are all amazing and so helpful. I was concerned that the blockage was in the lines from blowing them out when de-winterizing. What a relief that it was something this simple!! Thank you again!!
You might be thanking someone who is no longer here.
One hasn't posted here for 10 years.and the other hasn't for 7 years.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote