Old 08-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #11

No inside filter

We also used the OEM filter in our Flagstaff without a problem for 2 1/2 years and 6000 + miles of travel. Everything was just fine right up to the point when the canister blew off and flooded the bathroom. I also ignored those who warned me.
I am in the process of getting a new Sunseeker MBS and just saw the filter under the bed. That will be the first project, get it out of there.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by llberge View Post
We also used the OEM filter in our Flagstaff without a problem for 2 1/2 years and 6000 + miles of travel. Everything was just fine right up to the point when the canister blew off and flooded the bathroom. I also ignored those who warned me.
I am in the process of getting a new Sunseeker MBS and just saw the filter under the bed. That will be the first project, get it out of there.
Under the bed?

Bad Idea, BAD!

Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

....If so, does anyone have the details of a water filter that could be used in place of the OEM model to just reduce/eliminate sediments without restricting water flow pressure? Where did you purchase it?

Thanks
I just ordered these to finally replace my filter cartridge: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #14

Check out Amazon.com
I bought a 4 pack of filters for around 27 bucks. Performance is great, Good water pressure and taste.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #15

I bypassed the filter and use the blue Camco filters like Ford Idaho said. With all the housing problems that are leaking, I just don't trust the filter housing. Just something else waiting to happen. This way no worries.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #16

Spent my youth drinking out of rain barrels, garden hoses, and outside spigots. Military days drinking from Lister bags, creeks,rivers what ever. It's possible to get sick from water but not as easy as people think. Having said that; I use the Camco filters and carry bottled water for drinking and cooking.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #17

Question filters

so I did not know about the potential leak hazard on these filter housings. mine is under bathroom vanity. do I just taken that out all together? Than what -- hook in line to hose? thanks-I am not a plumber but may be able to do this
Old 08-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrayrn View Post
so I did not know about the potential leak hazard on these filter housings. mine is under bathroom vanity. do I just taken that out all together? Than what -- hook in line to hose? thanks-I am not a plumber but may be able to do this
There have been several threads about built in filter housing letting go.

Just one of them.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f217/

Depending on how your filter is plumbed will determine how you need to bypass it.

A picture would help.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #19

I removed my OME filter and moved it to the outside so that I filter all water coming into the TT city and when filling FW tank. Keeps sediment out off the the tank and system and there is no worry about the filter leaking in the TT
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Never had a problem drinking water from our FW tank which goes through our OEM Pur filter. I change the element once each season and No, our filter housing has never broken. We do turn off the water when leaving the unit for any length of time. Even if it did leak, it wouldn't hurt our floor, just be a mess to clean up.
I buy the filter elements from HD for much less than CW or any other source. The micron level is variable depending on how "pure" you need the water to be. The 5-micron filters work for us and do not reduce water flow that much.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter