Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Open Them there hatches!

Decided to winterize my 2014 Rockwood 8329SS by myself. Thank goodness I did.

Back in February a couple of days out from Chicago on our way to Phoenix, I noticed an unopened water filter and some odd tools in one of the storage compartments. I thought..oh how nice..the dealer left me a gift.

It wasn't until yesterday when I started winterizing that I decided to open some screwed shut hatches that I found a water filter container...filled with water...but no filter... in the hatch under the bathroom sink. Hmmmm!

Then I called the dealer asking if the Rockwoods came with a Hot Water bypass built in? Oh no...the dealer said...never in a new unit. Come on in and we will sell and install one for you.

It sounded fishy since our 8329SS is so well built with quality materials. So I sent an e mail to some of the Rockwood guys I met at the FROG rally in August. Low and behold...absolutely there is a bypass and all Rockwood products have them. They told me which hatch I had to open to get to the bypass and how to do it.

Moral to the story is..."open them there hatches". I think many of the dealers don't even know what is behind them!

Still a Newbie
2014 Rockwood 8329SS
2013 Toyota Tundra
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote