Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #1

Outside shower valve

I have a 2007 Rockwood 2603S that was stored in mildly freezing temperatures this past winter - down into the 20s or even high teens, nothing below zero. I winterized the unit and left all of the fixture valves open. Or so I thought. Apparently I did not open the hot valve fully on the outdoor shower. When hooked up to city water it became apparent that the valve had broken and been dislodged from the body of the fixture.

My question is this - is this valve going to be easy to replace? The existing damaged valve does push back in but does not stay in under any water pressure. Hardly surprising considering it is broken. I do not see any damage to the body of the fixture, but I am hardly an expert.

I would be happy if there was a shutoff for the lines running to the shower as we have never really used it, but I have yet to find such a thing. I was also thinking of a rubber expansion plug to plug the spot where the valve goes. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks!

2007 Rockwood 2603
weitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #2

Update to this.

The valve itself turned out to be fine - it's the retaining ring for the valve that broke. Have not found one in stock locally yet, simple fix when I do.

In the mean time, the supply hoses for the outdoor shower tee off the bathroom lines and so it was a simple matter to cap the one line with a $3.50 threaded cap onto the tee. Problem temporarily solved.

2007 Rockwood 2603
weitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote