Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #1

Outside water hose connection

I just purchased a used 06 Sandpiper toyhauler and it has an outside water connector to hook a hose to for using the fresh water tank for an outside hose, like hooking to a pressure washer. It does not have a hose with it. Where can I find this hose.
Thanks
dcjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #2

Is it the same as a regular water hose connectioin? If so, you need a fresh water hose. Camco makes them and can be bought at Walmart, etc. Also, you might need a pressure reducer and a filter. I have been down this road after going from tent camping, to PUP, now to a TT.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #3

No it is not a regular hose connection. It looks like it is a quick connect type of fitting.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #4

After talking to a few people, could this possibly be flush connection for the black water tank?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
dap

This sounds like it is a quick connect hose fitting that has been screwed iinto the female hose connection that is on the side of the trailer. It should unscrew easily.
That should be the way to connect a water hose to trailer from the campground hose connection but i'm not sure from your description.The fresh water tank does not have that type of connection that I am aware of.
dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #6

This connection is above the outside shower box and is labeled "power spray" or something like that. Sorry I can't describe it very well, but any help is appreciated.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
dap

It could be the black tank flush,but it still sounds like the male side of a quick connect was screwed into it,
Both my fresh water hose connection and black tank flush have female hose connections on the side of my trailer.
dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #8

This post needs pictures in order so see what you are talking about.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Go to WalMart - 5/8" DIA white fresh water drinking hose, blue torpedo inline water filter, pressure regulator. FYI at our WalMart this stuff is in the automotive section, not the camping section.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #10

It is a fresh water hose connection, quick connect. mine has a connection on both sides of the TT and the hose came with the TT from Forest river. Ment to be used as a wash down unit for you equipment before you load it, You may be able to use a standard hose and a connector like this
RV Adapter Garden Hose Water Hook Up Piece Quick Connect Motor Home Trailer Part on eBay!

or ask a dealer to order you a hose from FR. I looked on line and can not find the hose that came with my unit.

My TT is not here, but so everyone knows what the OP is asking here is a picture of a similar hose and connection. Forest river mounts the connectors on the unit and delivers the hose just in the storage bay.
Attached Images

2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjj View Post
I just purchased a used 06 Sandpiper toyhauler and it has an outside water connector to hook a hose to for using the fresh water tank for an outside hose, like hooking to a pressure washer. It does not have a hose with it. Where can I find this hose.
Thanks
This sounds similar to the quick connect outside hose in the universal docking stations of the PrimeTime Crusader... see gallery pics below and goto the docking station...

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

if so, then a PT dealer can help you...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quick connect water hose.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	11474  

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_KHawthorne View Post
This sounds similar to the quick connect outside hose in the universal docking stations of the PrimeTime Crusader... see gallery pics below and goto the docking station...

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

if so, then a PT dealer can help you...
That is what the OP needs I could not get to mind to take that picture,
thanks KHawthorne.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote