Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfChuck View Post
Yep, that is exactly what it does. To correct the situation you need to put "check valves" (antibackflow valves) in BOTH the hot and cold water lines going to the shower valves (only on those lines - don't try to do it to the whole system). They are relatively inexpensive to buy and will solve the problem. Only caveat is you may get a bit less pressure since the valve may push a little against the water flow. They work well if you put them in.
Its my experience to just live with it.. If you add the so called check valves as suggested then your low point drains will not work.. Water will be retained in the lines.. ( Like putting your finger over a straw)

Hate to see anyone have freeze up issues from not being able to winterize properly..

You have been warned... LOL
Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrosa View Post
Its my experience to just live with it.. If you add the so called check valves as suggested then your low point drains will not work.. Water will be retained in the lines.. ( Like putting your finger over a straw)

Hate to see anyone have freeze up issues from not being able to winterize properly..

You have been warned... LOL
Yes, that could happen. I don't have the problem because I use air to blow the lines out and sufficient pressure to get all the low points. There is no water in the lines at that point to worry about. Also, if the valves are close to the faucets or pointed down (plumbing design) they may drain out of the faucets just by opening them. For me, the air works the best.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
llr

I wonder if my Flagstaff has check valves. The temperature stays pretty consistent in it, not like the last 2 campers
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #24

Cold water expands as it is heated. When you take a shower you are taking hot from the tank and add cold. When you turn off the shower head the cold in the tank expands and forces the hot into the cold side of the shower as the pressure increases. Then when you turn the head back on you are getting hot from both sides for a moment, ouch, then it mixes back to where you had it. Check valves work, you will need to blow the lines out when winterizing.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower