Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #1

Pex fitting? Any Forest River techs out there???

I am in the process of installing an outside shower in my camper. I need a pex tee that is 1/2"x1/2"x1/2"MPT. So, 2 sides 1/2" Pex crimp and 1 side 1/2"MPT. I know these exist because there is 1 installed under my kitchen sink in my Puma 30DBSS. It is a white poly fitting. I have searched everywhere online and called plumbing distributors and PEX manufacturers with no luck. Anyone have any ideas of where to find one?
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Campfire Master

Try here: Dyers RV They have a whole section of plumbing fittings, maybe they will have what you need.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #3

Might I suggest a Shark-Bite T-fitting, just cut all three sides "cleanly" and shove them into the T and you're done. Home Depot (or another plumbing supplier) will have them.

Nev
NevadaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Site Team

aren't any FR techs here, just reps.
i think we have a few members that work in the RV service world though. they might be able to help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #5

Unless I can find a shark bite with a 1/2" MPT on one side(which I don't think exists) I won't have the second male fitting I need to be able to screw on a 1/2" FIP faucet supply hose.

Looked at Dyers and they don't seem to have it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #6

I would try Ace Hardware, Pex hose now is very common due to the cost of copper. I know where I live they will even loan you the tool to clamp the ring....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Unless I can find a shark bite with a 1/2" MPT on one side(which I don't think exists) I won't have the second male fitting I need to be able to screw on a 1/2" FIP faucet supply hose.

Looked at Dyers and they don't seem to have it.
You could use a sharkbite T and for the supply make a short PEX nipple with a sharkbite to male NPT adapter fitting on one end.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
You could use a sharkbite T and for the supply make a short PEX nipple with a sharkbite to male NPT adapter fitting on one end.

Dave
Dave gave you the proper way to complete this plumbing task. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #9

I am aware of the Shark Bite connectors and have used them several times on older Qest and copper lines. My only other concern with those is the weight. My pipes come straight up through the floor in this area and the weight of any brass fitting would, I think, stress the pipes themselves when bouncing down the road or mess up the foam seal at the floor. There is nothing close enough to the pipes to secure them to without adding some type of support bracing, which, I suppose could be done. I would still like to know where the elusive tee fitting I mentioned is coming from- obviously someone makes them.

Edit: Dave- I may end up going that route- your suggestion most certainly would work for getting that male end. I am a little leery of having multiple connections. I'm of the mindset that the fewer connections I have the fewer potential points for leaks. However, I've never had any problem with the shark bite fittings leaking, so I'm probably being a little overcautious just because it is in a concealed location under a bunk and if it did ever leak I'd have a major problem on my hands before I figured it out(Plus having to make sure it is secure as mentioned above). Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I would try Ace Hardware, Pex hose now is very common due to the cost of copper. I know where I live they will even loan you the tool to clamp the ring....
I'm not sure I have an Ace nearby- I'll look into it.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

If your determined to find that exact fitting, you could try to contact Palomino RV parts and see where they get it from. Here's a contact link... Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

Dave

Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #12

Thanks for the info. I'm second guessing myself a lot on which route to take. I'm gonna look it over again and consider some of the options you guys have thrown out.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

There's always a few ways to do the piping...you could also use a T with all male NPT ends and use pex tubing compression to female NPT adapters. It usually comes down to what's available.

Dave