Old 08-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterrick View Post
I'm not sure why you'd want to pull out the old and replace. I'd find the cause of the leak and address it. If it's a bad joint, redo it. If it's a split in the pex, cut out the bad and splice in a new piece with your favorite method. I doubt you can just pull it out. It's going to be held in place at various points along its path.
X2

Old 08-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #12

Okay, I didn't realize it's held in place at various points. Thanks for that warning. But there is no way to get to it under the floor without pulling it out. It's below the floor of the camper and above the grey water tank. Anyone know how to access?

Old 08-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavonic View Post
Okay, I didn't realize it's held in place at various points. Thanks for that warning. But there is no way to get to it under the floor without pulling it out. It's below the floor of the camper and above the grey water tank. Anyone know how to access?

Cut it out on both sides of the tank and replace ~~ or drop the tank. You do not want to pull the floor.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
I ........
Sorry, I don't know how you can run a new line in your particular unit.

I don't know either but this is what I would do. If you have both ends of the affected line put a SharkBite coupler on the old line attach the new line to it and see if you can pull it through

If that doesn't work see if you can push the new line through the old route and if all else fails surely with some additional lenth of pex you could reroute the line, stick it in a foam pipe cover for protection and weatherproofing and call it successful
Old 08-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #15

I spoke to an RV Repair center about 'Sharkbites' for connections to install in my unit and was told that they would NEVER use them as they will come loosen do to the vibration and movement of the RV Unit. They said that it was 'my' unit and I could install them myself, but if the unit came to them with a 'leak' and there were 'sharkbites' on it, they would remove them and not reinstall them or not work on the unit at all because of them or imply any warranty work because of them.... (they must have had a really bad experience with them)

Do not slam or spam me on this, this is what I was told at this certain RV Repair Center.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
I spoke to an RV Repair center about 'Sharkbites' for connections to install in my unit and was told that they would NEVER use them as they will come loosen do to the vibration and movement of the RV Unit. They said that it was 'my' unit and I could install them myself, but if the unit came to them with a 'leak' and there were 'sharkbites' on it, they would remove them and not reinstall them or not work on the unit at all because of them or imply any warranty work because of them.... (they must have had a really bad experience with them)

Do not slam or spam me on this, this is what I was told at this certain RV Repair Center.
May as well get in the soup with you on this one. Sharkbites are great for some applications, but when you have all of the jostling going on in an RV, I would not recommend them (note: crash helmet on for all the flack). I recently installed a reverse osmosis system that used shark bites and installed a pressure pump along with it. At least 4 of the connections leaked. And yes, the pipes were cut off square. If there was any side tension, they could leak. Research indicated the solution was compression fittings. Took the advice from more than one source and no more leaks.

I have used sharkbites under a residential kitchen sink with success. I was always concerned when when bumping the fittings. For the RV, I have used Pex fittings and a crimp tool-no leaks. But, I believe compression fittings would also do the job.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #17

I have used Sharkbites on my previous tt and my current tt with no problems. Both tt's have traveled all over the country on all kinds of roadways and some places that I would not call a roadway. I also have used them on my home water lines with no problems. Just saying..........................

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #18

I was able to get my leak fixed this weekend. There was a very small hole in the hot water line. Not sure what could of caused that? I attached the new line to the old one using a coupling and some gorilla tape. I pushed the line while someone at the other end kept it from getting caught up on something.

I did use sharkbite fittings, so we'll see what happens. I'll report back if they cause me any problems.

Thanks again everyone for your help!
Old 08-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #19

Super!
Hope that is the end of that problem for you!

Thanks for updating us.

Tags
leak, water