Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #1

Pipes

We picked up our 2019 salem forest river yesterday and had it delivered to our permanent site. For now we are dry docking. Here is my question when we turned on the water and also used the toilet the pipes made a horrible loud rumbling sound. It's very loud so I'm thinking this is not normal. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what this could be. Where I bought it is closed today. Thank you
Traveling fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling fools View Post
We picked up our 2019 salem forest river yesterday and had it delivered to our permanent site. For now we are dry docking. Here is my question when we turned on the water and also used the toilet the pipes made a horrible loud rumbling sound. It's very loud so I'm thinking this is not normal. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what this could be. Where I bought it is closed today. Thank you
Water pushing air out of the lines. open all the faucets one at a time and flush the toilet. one all the air is out it will stop. Be very sure to fill the WH before you turn on the electric side of it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #3

Sorry to sound ignorant. This is our first camper. I dont remember him saying anything but turn on power and water tank.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #4

Sounds like you are hearing the water pump doing its thing. Normal.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #5

Did you do a PDI walkthrough before it was delivered?
Old 03-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
Site Team

Sounds like you are boondocking and running from fresh water (FW) tank. The sound you are hearing is actually vibration of the water pump and is normal. If you eventually connect to public water the pump will no longer be required.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #7

Yes we did... but we dont remember it being so loud during the walk through... that's why we were wondering if we left off a step ...
Old 03-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Ok.....quick question here.
Are you connected by a hose to the campground water source or are you using water from your fresh water tank which needs the pump?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Sounds like you are boondocking and running from fresh water (FW) tank. The sound you are hearing is actually vibration of the water pump and is normal. If you eventually connect to public water the pump will no longer be required.
Yes.. we have it on a new property with no power,water yet...just running off batteries and propane..
Old 03-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #10
Site Team

Since you said you are new. Keep an eye on your battery levels. Depending on what you are running you can drain the battery quickly. Furnace especially requires a considerable amount of power. Once you connect to water you will no longer require the pump and it will be quiet.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #11

Sometimes they mount the pump where the noise can be amplified by the way they are mounted and the way the hoses from the pump could rattle against a wall making it more noisy than they need to be. alot of us just live with it and some of us mod it so it will be quieter either way it is more than likely okay.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #12

We hope to get power soon.. but til then we are looking into solar panels to keep the batteries charged...
Old 03-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
Sometimes they mount the pump where the noise can be amplified by the way they are mounted and the way the hoses from the pump could rattle against a wall making it more noisy than they need to be. alot of us just live with it and some of us mod it so it will be quieter either way it is more than likely okay.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Since you said you are new. Keep an eye on your battery levels. Depending on what you are running you can drain the battery quickly. Furnace especially requires a considerable amount of power. Once you connect to water you will no longer require the pump and it will be quiet.
We hope to get power soon.. but til then we are looking into solar panels to keep the batteries charged...
Old 03-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
X2. This is exactly correct.

I mounted my pump on a rubber pad, then used foam pipe insulation on all pipes to and from the pump that I could reach, especially where they contacted a panel. Much quieter. You can still hear the pump running, but it no longer sounds like it is tearing things up
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote