Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
Carknocker Family

Anybody else on here find it disheartening on a Forrest River Forum for other people telling you that if you want quality and what you paid for, buy a Airstream

2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Sorry Brother I should have warned ya about the loose connections on the water systems. I too bought mine from Jeff Couch. I went and picked it up personally. 500 miles one way or so.
My first leak was on the fresh water tank. The connection under the fridge. Same thing, half a@@ install. And the gravity hose runnin uphill! No wonder it was always spitting out when trying to fill. I fixed it and grinned and bared it. A pain, but better than trusting someone else to fix it.
If it didnt ruin any of the flooring or the wardrobe, bite the bullet and fix it. (You know you are) If it did damage anything, then contact the factory and they will send you to a dealer near you for parts and service. ( Where I am now with mine ) It wont be very satisfying, but it will get fixed.
Check your other connections on the water. Bouncing up and down on the road has a way of making things loose.
I look at the bright side, just a 125 more payments and this will all be mine....Lol....

ha ha ha right on... and I did, I am going to have to establish an annual inspection checklist like my airplane had... maybe ill safety wire all the fittings. I still have some .040 stainless safety wire.

I refuse to go to the dealer for little stuff, even if I have to buy inexpensive parts. I worked in the auto industry (line tech and automotive instructor) long enough to know just because a dealer has good technicians doesn't mean they will be the ones to work on your car. There are always newbies and just plain idiots working there. My problem is I check behind people. I tried giving that up but it never fails. Most people can’t even tie their shoes without specialized training. the real problem is there isn’t any money in it for it to be a career opportunity, and the ones that do stay move up and out of production/repair.

A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
I don't know what your definition of isolated is, but my Vcross has been very very good. One exception in the Jensen 965 Radio/DVD which I have been trying to fix for 6 months, just got a new one from FR and it is broke right out of the box. Won't play DVD AT ALL.

Other than that I con't have any problems at all, and I am guessing that most other don't either.

Maybe campers made during the heat of the spring/summer rush Are hurried out the door more and certainly the huge increase in orders have required massive hiring of new folks.

Just some thoughts.
I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Most likely the shipping screw is still installed on the unit. Virtually all complaints for disc drive issues on a new product are related to this screw not being removed. On the rear of the player, you should see a screw with a red tag stating to remove prior to installation. Once removed, press the reset button, which is located on the front of the unit near the DOLBY DIGITAL logo. Press this button while the unit is connected to +12V DC power.

If you have been able to successfully play a CD/DVD at any time then the shipping screw has already been removed. Try pressing and holding the EJECT button for more than 3 seconds, until you hear the disc drive spin. This will reset the disc drive mechanism.

If you are still having difficulty with disc playback, please give us a call direct for warranty assistance. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Anybody else on here find it disheartening on a Forrest River Forum for other people telling you that if you want quality and what you paid for, buy a Airstream

very. Next one will be an air stream. The kid will be in college and it'll just be me and the wife.

you know they are the best when they rebuild 20-30 year old ones at the factory or private industry. i see a place on I95 that has new and old ones i hear that is what they do there. ,maybe i should sell mine buy an old AS and refurbish it
A&P
Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
Carknocker Family

Nice to see that some factory reps are watching the forum. Can I please talk to the rep on whose job it is to make sure that our campers don't leak?
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENSENRVDirect View Post
I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Most likely the shipping screw is still installed on the unit. Virtually all complaints for disc drive issues on a new product are related to this screw not being removed. On the rear of the player, you should see a screw with a red tag stating to remove prior to installation. Once removed, press the reset button, which is located on the front of the unit near the DOLBY DIGITAL logo. Press this button while the unit is connected to +12V DC power.

If you have been able to successfully play a CD/DVD at any time then the shipping screw has already been removed. Try pressing and holding the EJECT button for more than 3 seconds, until you hear the disc drive spin. This will reset the disc drive mechanism.

If you are still having difficulty with disc playback, please give us a call direct for warranty assistance. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
hey, some good may come from all this Crying... way to step UP Jensen
A&P
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Carknocker Family

Just a heads up, here are some other problems I have had with camper.
Some Quality Issues
wildwood 26tbss window blinds broken
29RE silverback air con faults
As you can see, your spare time is not so spare now. Had leaks on outside kitchen door also. Lack of sealant in the right places on that problem too.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #28

Quote:

not disheartening, just free advertising for future Airstream owners! In order for FR to compete with AS Quality they would have to retain the best employees for their entire career, train them to do each job and do it well and use quality materials, do you think FR can do this? No they cannot as they are a quantity vs quality manufacturer, they try their best and hope the dealers can fix the rest, the problem is you don't always get the best tech on warranty work, the manufacturer does not pay that well for warranty work, as opposed to the 125/hour they get for non-warranty work. Now if somebody from FR wants to tell me how I am wrong please do. In the time I owned my Airstream I did not find 1 thing in it that made me say " why in the hell did they do this?" I have had 4 FR products in the past 4 years and mo matter whether it was the 160,000 Ridgeview or the 89,000 cedar creeks to the 90,000 Aviator they all had to many "why the Hell" features to count.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #29

I will check them all. Thanks for sharing. here is what fixed the leak. quite simple really but look at the damage it would have caused to the unsuspecting owner that works full time and

notive the crooked screws.. they installed it about 1/4 inch to far to the right

A&P
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #30

[QUOTE=DDC;487409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
I don't mind a little something here and there but this POC is falling apart.

I believe we should mind, when we sign for this product it does not say that "this unit may need some more assembly and touch up to the assembly already paid for by you". Can you imagine buying a 60' tv and taking it home just to find it needs more assembly work, would you be doing it, not me for sure. This will only stop when people start taking legal action against them, and none of us really want to do that, butttt at some piont.

You're right, we should mind but i want to try not to set myself up for undue stress. We know stuff is gonna need a shake down. My pitfall is that of a not so concerned dealer and the fact that i couldn't be there for a proper PDI. the customer shouldn't have to do a PDI. the dealer gets paid to do those. I am certain the dealer tried to or maybe even half A@@ did, fix ,my water leak because the lining material under the TT is sliced open where the leak is.

they knew it was there.

I know i didn't buy and air stream i bought a cavalier,BUT, it should still be usable albeit cheap. with exception to the dometic 300 toilet (and sometimes stuff goes through UN foreseeable cycles)the problem isn't so much the components but the lazy, incompetent assemblers. My guess is when they need a new employee they order Pizza and when he comes they lock him in the factory for a few months to be an assembler.

i know about quality, i built an airplane. If i did the work these guys did i would have sold it for scrap melt value instead i got my money back.;-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A&P