Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #1

Please tell me mine is an isolated incicdent.

I very rarely bash anyone or anything on an open forum, BUT guys what can I say other than the quality of a Forest River camper is laughable at best. I can not with a straight face recommend to a friend to buy a camper. The list just keep getting longer. after the following things that have had to be fixed by me like the Tank vent not even on by one full turn, the toilet has a known defect that is an internal leak. TV coax connectors hooked up incorrectly, A whole gray water tank for a tiny outdoor sink, a window that popped out of the main slide out on the second trip, Drawers broken and fell down from a delivery trip. AND NOW A PRETTY MAJOR WATER LEAK FROM THE PLUMBING INSIDE THE WARDROBE. STARTING TO SEE WHY THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD DEAL ON THE INTERNET. They wanted it as far away from Jeff Couch RVs as possible. so someone else could repair all the crap that was broken on it. The thing is the nearest decent dealer is about 80 miles away and at the rate things break on this lemon i wouldn't have been able to use it even once yet because it would have been in the shop the whole time i have owned it. Not to mention 7-8 trips with diesel at 4$ a gallon

so I replace the dometic 300 with yet another 300 because they are supposed to be new and improved... yeah right whatever . so I install it and fill it up via the fresh water tank using the pump. then I noticed the pump cycling every 10 seconds or so. this can only be a leak but i notice the 2/3 full tank is now empty? say what? I go to the other side of the camper because when i looked under the TT I saw water dripping out the other side. Now how in the world could i have possibly caused that leak all the way over there? I didn't, the fresh water hook up was not threaded on all the way and the hole that was haphazardly cut in the wall where the line is to connect caused the hand nut to hit the hole edge and it has been loose the whole time. In disgust i turned off the lights and went inside.

this is unacceptable but what can you do. I dont like dealers at all. but man i am tired of working on a new TT. I guess it goes without saying that i am not even remotely impressed with the quality of these things.

A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
NELA

That ragged hole in the wall reminded me of a post someone else made. One of their electrical outlets was loose so he tried to tighten it up with a screwdriver. Removed the plate that found a HUGE ragged hole like that, with nothing behind the plate to screw the plate/receptacle to.

We've had some issues. Bought our TT in June and this was our first issue:
A caution to those who own Flagstaff V-Lites

Now we have a failing tongue jack...only works if you whack it with a wrench. (eyeroll) and one of those pos day/nite shades is broken. We're just going to wait until December to take it back for warranty repair. Like you, we're 90 miles away from our dealer.

Unfortunately the common consensus is that all brands have horror stories. IMO that's no excuse.

Knock on wood we've not had any leaks YET.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

That is what i am afraid of.

No pride in their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
That ragged hole in the wall reminded me of a post someone else made. One of their electrical outlets was loose so he tried to tighten it up with a screwdriver. Removed the plate that found a HUGE ragged hole like that, with nothing behind the plate to screw the plate/receptacle to.

We've had some issues. Bought our TT in June and this was our first issue:
A caution to those who own Flagstaff V-Lites

Now we have a failing tongue jack...only works if you whack it with a wrench. (eyeroll) and one of those pos day/nite shades is broken. We're just going to wait until December to take it back for warranty repair. Like you, we're 90 miles away from our dealer.

Unfortunately the common consensus is that all brands have horror stories. IMO that's no excuse.

Knock on wood we've not had any leaks YET.
A&P
Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
NELA

Have you contacted your manufacturer?

Forest River Contact Info.

Check this link. All the Forest River contacts are listed here.

I see the Salem info right there at the top.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Have you contacted your manufacturer?

Forest River Contact Info.

Check this link. All the Forest River contacts are listed here.

I see the Salem info right there at the top.
not yet, figured i would fixt the little stuff, but man i am starting to wonder when the axles are gonna fall out from under the TT. and i have been in the automotive industry and this just looks to be 20 times worse than any i have ever seen. Just dont see what good it would do.
A&P
Old 10-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Denver, CO

I don't know what your definition of isolated is, but my Vcross has been very very good. One exception in the Jensen 965 Radio/DVD which I have been trying to fix for 6 months, just got a new one from FR and it is broke right out of the box. Won't play DVD AT ALL.

Other than that I con't have any problems at all, and I am guessing that most other don't either.

Maybe campers made during the heat of the spring/summer rush Are hurried out the door more and certainly the huge increase in orders have required massive hiring of new folks.

Just some thoughts.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #7

I guess it's hit or miss. I've had two Rockwoods and haven't had any real issues (ie: things I can't fix myself with a trip to Lowe's for a few bucks). A guy a I work with has the same opinion as you. He's got a Rockwood Sig. U/L that he wishes would have a tree fall on it. He did say that it was made about the same time as all of those FEMA trailers, so he wonders if they weren't just rushing them out the door ASAP and QC suffered.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Aside from your window falling out, your issues seem to be relatively minor and easily fixed. Granted, you get frustrated fixing one thing after another on something so new, but do give it a little time. These "growing pains" will pass and you'll be enjoying your rig like it was intended.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #9

We have owned two Pumas an '06 and a '13 with very few & very very minor issues. Only warrenty issues have been cosmetic like a curtian, & the wallpaper border bubbling. Which Forest River Product do you have??? Kind of like saying all GM's are junk........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #10

We have not had any issues with our Wldcat.