Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
Engineer of Crazy Train

Herk, I believe his problem isn't pyramiding. His solid was is getting caught in the pipe before getting to his tank. And, this is his first trip out on a new unit under warranty.

Either 1 - some abnormality is hooking the waste
Or 2 - poor design by FR
Or 3 - OP not flushing with enough water (due to design)
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Herk, I believe his problem isn't pyramiding. His solid was is getting caught in the pipe before getting to his tank. And, this is his first trip out on a new unit under warranty.

Either 1 - some abnormality is hooking the waste
Or 2 - poor design by FR
Or 3 - OP not flushing with enough water (due to design)
Perhaps, but it is the routine "pump out" issue that flagged this as a build up issue in my mind. I would love to find out how he resolves this.

My tank also has 2 45 degree elbows in the drop and we have had no issues at all. It is clearly "operator error" as to how; the only question is what to do about it now...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
The OP is having blockages ABOVE the tank, and not at the drain valve.
Bakken and Treaves and Others
Let me reiterate:
The only reason I had the tank pumped out was to make sure that the level indicators were not reading 1/3 if it was full. Once assured that the tank was empty I new that snaking the line would not be an exercise in futility.
As mentioned earlier, it is presently cleared and I will use it only for liquid diposal with liquid digester. When I get home I will go into it with a camera to make sure that FR did not leave material that would cause flow interferance. If rhere is no interferance then perhaps it is a flaw design that FR will have to deal with
Meanwhile I will go fishing!!! ( In the lake)
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Amelio
Amelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #24

Fishing sounds like a great idea, and much more pleasant! Catch a big one!
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #25
Always Learning

I've seen more than one report of the cutout for the black tank being left behind. Hopefully it's something as simple- but no idea what.

Doesn't seem like a design flaw as a few others have posted similar layouts. Sounds like a bug with just your camper...

Good luck, though!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Perhaps, but it is the routine "pump out" issue that flagged this as a build up issue in my mind. I would love to find out how he resolves this.

My tank also has 2 45 degree elbows in the drop and we have had no issues at all. It is clearly "operator error" as to how; the only question is what to do about it now...
Ours is the same Herk and we have no problems whatsoever. A 3" chute is pretty hard to plug. He might have a cutout lodged that is turning that blocks the pipe and then swivels open and then closed. A light and a mirror on a telescoping rod might reveal something. Getting it out might be a real challenge.

Don't think it is the tank cutout, but might be the floor cutout.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #27

Thanks to All
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #28

Don't know if this will matter or not, but could it have something to do with the pumper truck? Is there some kind of suction he is causing during the dumping that might be causing this? I know when I camp at the Hodag music festival in Rhinelander, WI. The pumper there actually dumps into a big tub so he doesn't damage the tank. He always claims the suction could collapse the black tank. Nothing worse than seeing the guy coming to pump your neighbor out. People scatter to avoid the smell! Doesn't seem to bother the pumpers though, I've seen them pump tanks while eating a sandwich. Don't know if this applies in your situation but I thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck getting your issue resolved.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmerinwi View Post
Don't know if this will matter or not, but could it have something to do with the pumper truck? Is there some kind of suction he is causing during the dumping that might be causing this? I know when I camp at the Hodag music festival in Rhinelander, WI. The pumper there actually dumps into a big tub so he doesn't damage the tank. He always claims the suction could collapse the black tank. Nothing worse than seeing the guy coming to pump your neighbor out. People scatter to avoid the smell! Doesn't seem to bother the pumpers though, I've seen them pump tanks while eating a sandwich. Don't know if this applies in your situation but I thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck getting your issue resolved.
I would think the vents would prevent the tanks from collapsing.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would think the vents would prevent the tanks from collapsing.
x duos !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #31

Update From Amelio
After my six week vacation with the tolet problem I brought the Rockwood trailer to the dealer. It has been there for three weeks. they fianlly dropped the tank and found that the tank is too shallow where the waste pipe enters the tank.
(2-1/2 to 3 inch clearance at the entry in the tank). That is where the blockage occurs. A new redesigned tank is being shipped. Hopefully, it will have a deeper tank design.
I will keep all of us informed.
Thanks for all the suggestions
Amelio