Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Plugged toilet 2013 Rockwood Signiture ( Amelio)

First trip out had to snake the toilet plumbing line 4 times. Used very little paper.
Toilet is in the upper bedroom and not directly over the tank, Thetford toilet installation instructions say it should be directly over the tank. The drain pipe has two elbows that I can see. . Has anyone had this problem or solution.
I have had many fith wheel trailer and know how to use toilets that are directly over the tank. HELP!!!
__________________

__________________
Amelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,295
Amelio, it would help if you posted which model you have.
there are 9 different Rockwood Signature models.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Amelio, it would help if you posted which model you have.
there are 9 different Rockwood Signature models.
Dan, just a thought. Wonder if the admins could fix this so you had to put your rv model in your signature. I see this multiple times a day, that a poster is looking for help, but we have no idea what they own.

Like I said, just a thought.
__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,295
every RV forum that i'm a member of, always suggests this but many members just don't do it or don't know how.

and many newbies simply don't know that they need to post better info.
the same goes for when someone says "can i tow this Rockwood trailer with my Chevy truck?", and never given any real info on the truck or the trailer.

we can't force people to put info in their signature line. we hope everyone will or see that others do it, but it's their choice.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Like I said, It was just a thought..
__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Like I said, It was just a thought..
And a good one.
I always try to make a pitch for it when answering a post, especially if the info is not in their profile.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
Triguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Like I said, It was just a thought..
It's a good thought.

Dan and Herk are right, too, that we try and encourage. For example, all new members for the last year get a welcome letter that says it.

Now...back to our regularly scheduled program


Amelio, welcome to the forum! The make and model of your 5er might help. I hope someone here can help with the plumbing issue. Good luck!
__________________
Scott
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
treaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 158
Another first-poster. Ah well.

If a person had to snake a line four times on their first outing, they obviously have their black water drain open all the time, as they should not. I don't even have my trailer yet, and I know this.

Amelio, you need to leave the black water tank shut until you either go to leave, or it's mostly full. There are several good videos you can search for to show you how to do this.
__________________
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelio View Post
First trip out had to snake the toilet plumbing line 4 times. Used very little paper.
Toilet is in the upper bedroom and not directly over the tank, Thetford toilet installation instructions say it should be directly over the tank. The drain pipe has two elbows that I can see. . Has anyone had this problem or solution.
I have had many fith wheel trailer and know how to use toilets that are directly over the tank. HELP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Amelio, it would help if you posted which model you have.
there are 9 different Rockwood Signature models.
Thank you for replying.
foolish of me not to mention that the rockwood Signiture is a #8265 WS fifth wheel.
I am at a camp ground and they use a pump truck to drain the holding tank. The pipe with it's elbows still does not drain into the vacated tank.
I snaked it out again and pulled out the undesolved remnents of "Aqua Kems Toss Ins" packet
I feel that packets and solid matter is possibly hanging up on slag or rough edges of the plumbing.
As mentioned, " the toilet is not directly over the tank as suggested by the manufacturer. ( Dometic)
At the end of my six week trip I will bring it back to the dealer and insist on a camera inspection of the line.
I am new to Forum and like it. But, I have some trouble navigating though it. I will learn with time.
Thank you
__________________
Amelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Engineer of Crazy Train
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelio View Post

Thank you for replying.
foolish of me not to mention that the rockwood Signiture is a #8265 WS fifth wheel.
I am at a camp ground and they use a pump truck to drain the holding tank. The pipe with it's elbows still does not drain into the vacated tank.
I snaked it out again and pulled out the undesolved remnents of "Aqua Kems Toss Ins" packet
I feel that packets and solid matter is possibly hanging up on slag or rough edges of the plumbing.
As mentioned, " the toilet is not directly over the tank as suggested by the manufacturer. ( Dometic)
At the end of my six week trip I will bring it back to the dealer and insist on a camera inspection of the line.
I am new to Forum and like it. But, I have some trouble navigating though it. I will learn with time.
Thank you
I would say some abnormality in the pipe causing a hangup. I would ditch the aquakem packs for liquid and flush with lots of water. And when able to, use the campground facilities.

BTW, welcome to the Forum.
__________________

__________________
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.