Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Smile Plumbing drains- Black, Grey and Galley

My recent purchase of a Rockford Windjammer 3025W has left me with some questions that the walk through was less than helpful on. 1st off the black and grey tank are standard but the galley tank is new and the spec sheet dont even mention it. When you are dumping and going to rinse tanks out it says to make sure sewer tank valves are open? Does that include all tanks? Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Unlikely that you would need them all open. The tank flush is only going to be hooked directly up to the black tank.

I didn't get any instructions to leave my valve open. I understand why (forgetting and overflowing the tank would be a horrifying nightmare). I close my valves and then set a timer on my phone while I'm running it AND stay outside on that side of the camper to remind myself.

I never realized I was quite so spastic- but I normally dump my black tank, close the value, run the flush for 6 minutes, then flush and then repeat the fill/flush cycle 2 more times at 5 minutes and 4 minutes of filling each. I keep a clear elbow on my sewer outlet so that I can see the "water" and make sure it's running clear before calling it done for the black tank. After the black is done, I empty the gray tanks.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Very helpful. Thank you very much.
Rigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
Yeah, mine has a warning label to keep the valve open while its on. Its only talking about the black-tank valve.

You shouldn't ever have black valve and other valves open at the same time. Usual order is black first (and rinse it), then galley, then other-grey.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote