Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 AM   #1

plumbing issues toilet and black water tank

Need help, I have a Vibe 6505 travel trailer which I have used twice since purchasing it last spring. First outing no problem, rinsed tank by flushing it and used the dump site. (Used it only to urinate if on this trip.) Last week used it for our second excursion. Hooked up to sewer this trip and used it. Got ready to leave and attempted to flush black tank by means of the Black Tank flush on the trailer. Now the problem begins. I have waste water dripping under the trailer directly under toilet.(I think, it appears to be enclosed by a covering, I don't believe its a tank.) Of course I also have the thing clogged up as well. Drove it home hoping to hook it up to a sewer line at home and resolve the issue. Used a snake to attempt to clear line and did have some drainage from black tank. Attempted to use the flush again with no success. I'm not sure where the water is going? Throat of toilet has waste water visible. I failed to keep tank closed during stay which I realize was incorrect. I know read the instructions......I'm new to this. I'm having nightmares regarding the leak under trailer and then the flush system on trailer. Any help is appreciated.
nickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:18 AM   #2

You have created solids by doing that as you now realize, you need to get some Digest or something from CW to let it set for 48 hrs to loosen it up and then drain it. There was a thread about a month ago about different things and chemicals to dissolve the solids. Been there and done that. Mine was so bad they thought that they where going to have to replace my tank, but it worked and I learned my lesson, do not leave the black tank valve open when hooked up to a sewer.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:49 AM   #3

Was your vibe properly winterized, including the black tank flush? Does it only leak when you try to use the black tank flush, or was it always leaking and you didn't notice?

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Tundra 5.7 CrewMax
Old 05-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #4

regarding black water flush

This was the first time using the black water port on camper. System had be drained when used last which was in either May or June of last year. I'm beginning to fear that I have an issue with tank, hope not. This is not a good intro to traveling with an RV. Never had an issue when we tent camped.....
Old 05-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
Site Team

You need to determine if it is the black tank or the flush. Add water to the tank with a garden hose to about Half full ( need to do this with the digest chemical anyway) and watch for a leak. If no leak then try the tank flush. Once you determine the culprit,you can formulate a plan of action.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

It's probably the valve up under the vanity or somewhere that is leaking. I took mine out as it would leak occasionally. Just found the hose going into the tank, cut it off and connected it directly to the hose inlet on the side of the trailer.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #7

Thanks to all of you that responded. I have resolved issue and I think the major problem was looking at tags on trailer. Finally had time to look at underside and tracked down all releases. turned out I was in better shape than I thought. Still the back water flush does not appear to work?? Hooked up hose and cut water on, not sure if I'm missing something? I think that a purchase of a wand is in order. Will try water softener. Purchased this from a dealer in Greenville, SC and I'm not sure the tech addressed location of all the shutoffs. Live and learn, should have bought a unit closer to home.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #8

Would be a real good idea to fill the black tank while adding one of the strong 'digesters' like RV Digest-It. Let sit for 48 hours and drain and flush several times. Fortunately you escaped disaster.

BTW, you said the major issue was looking at "tags" on trailer. What does that mean? Maybe it's some sort of function my simple little trailer doesn't have.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #9

FYI - Last year I bought a new Sprinter Copper Canyon fiver and subsequently traded it this January for a Class A. The black and gray drain pull lever labels were reversed by the manufacturer. Just a thought.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #10

The tags were labels which were for the various tanks and drains. I felt they were a little misleading but when I had time to look at the underside was able to trace lines from tanks and located all the shut offs.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb View Post
The tags were labels which were for the various tanks and drains. I felt they were a little misleading but when I had time to look at the underside was able to trace lines from tanks and located all the shut offs.
Oh, OK. Simple. Always learning. Thanks. I
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, plumbing, tank, water, water tank