Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
masteri

Poor water pressure

Have a 32 rcts sabre. We have good water pressure in Bathroom sink , Toilet is good as well. Shower not that good, but the kitchen is poor. Do you know if that unit has water restrictors on the input lines on the kitchen tap. Un did the extension that pulls out and flushed it out no better?? Also doesnt matter if we are on pump or city lines same problem
masteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I doubt if you have a supply line valve under the kitchen sink but maybe you do in your model. But I would first check the aerator (filter screen) for that faucet. Mine clogs up with minerals and the other day I had some sand in it.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I drain my hw heater after every use and seems to eliminate sediment issues.
also try a finer micron water filter to help trap sediments for awhile.
a lot of people flush there hw tank but I have not seen a reason that would make me believe I needed to do that.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #4

Aerator screen in the faucet. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
masteri

This is a new trailer first time water in havent even heated the tank yet, and took the screen right out still no difference
masteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

There are restrictor plates in every faucet. They are about the size of a dime with a hole in it about the size of a wooden match. You will have to pry it out and throw it away.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

Is it both hot and cold water that has low pressure? If only hot water the hotwater tank bypass valve may not be closed completely.
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Well, its never simple is it?

Another simple fix: While looking under the sink, have you inspected the tubing leading to the faucet? If not, then ensure it does not have a kink in it or had been crushed during assembly. If it is kinked or crushed, it should be replaced.

If that is not it, and this is a new trailer and you never used the faucet, then possibly the faucet is defective.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

just because its new and you have never had water in it
doesn't mean the factory didn't run water through it. They more than likely filled hw heater to check operation.
Also if you had a good dealer he should have also ran water through it.
During pdi then should have ran water in the system to show you operations such as
water pump,hw heater,toilet,faucets, and showers.
when they install all the plumbing who knows what saw dust
And plastic particles are in those lines only to be flushed to your strainers.
did they show you were your water filter was?
Take a look at the bottom of the filter canister and see if there's not allready sediments there.
Good luck! Happy camping
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #10

We've never had what I call "good" water pressure in our kitchen. I'm hoping Oxygenics someday comes up with a kitchen faucet. I love their shower head. We took the screen off the faucet; nothing in there. Barthroom is "okay" too. Nothing fantastic. I've just learned to live with it.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #11

We've had our 32 RCTS about 3 weeks and have not seen this problem. I'm wondering if u correlate the poor flow to the position of black button on the facet head. Or try removing the head entirely.

We are still experimenting with ours. It is a pretty fancy kitchen sink by our standards.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #12

Thumbs up Water pressure

Hi!
I'm new to the forum, but I have been lurking around trying to figure out how to work some of the kinks to our new 2013 Shamrock 23SS. My first main issure was water pressure in both the kitchen and the bathroom sinks (showers were livable). The first outing was at a Army Corp campground so I chaulked it up to park pressure - but this week I'm at a private park where I know the pressure to be very good....

Anyway, long and short of it - took the aerators off both sinks and as stated here several times there was bits and pieces of piping ect. from assembly - also there were 4 screens in each.... I removed all but one screen and put everything back together.... working GREAT! I can't imaging that I need 4 screens in a faucet....

Thanks for all the insight and help on getting this one done!!
Kelly
kellybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
just because its new and you have never had water in it
doesn't mean the factory didn't run water through it. They more than likely filled hw heater to check operation.
Also if you had a good dealer he should have also ran water through it.
During pdi then should have ran water in the system to show you operations such as
water pump,hw heater,toilet,faucets, and showers.
when they install all the plumbing who knows what saw dust
And plastic particles are in those lines only to be flushed to your strainers.
did they show you were your water filter was?
Take a look at the bottom of the filter canister and see if there's not allready sediments there.
Good luck! Happy camping
Not really,puchased our unit in the cold months. Factory used (AIR) pressure to check H/C water system. No water check for the F/W tank or the F/W pump. Cold outside temps,no check on these at PDI either. No pink A/F in system,just AIR pressure. When warm temp came filled F/W tank,water on top of the enclosed under belly from leaking F/W tank,and the F/W pump didnt work either! Both replaced. Time of year ,makes a difference! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #14

Poor water pressure in kitchen "cold only"

I have 2011 SIERRA 300 RL. WAter pressure everywhere is ok... With exception of cold water in kitchen. Cold is terrible. Have changed out filter.
Thinking of taking a part faucet but doesn't Mae spence if hot water is ok? Any suggestions???
lckeehne is offline   Reply With Quote