Old 04-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
And your KW1 housing seems to be on backwards. There's a big green arrow on the label, at least on mine, that should point at the spike hanging down from the upper part of the housing. You have to have the label nearly opposite that before you push it up and turn to tighten. Maybe that's why so many people's unscrew themselves and flood their camper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kw1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	75043  

2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #12
Water pump was bad. I had to remove the access panel to gain access to the pump. I pulled the intake line off and connect a regular faucet hose for a kitchen sink and fed it into a gallon jug of water and nothing. Last thing I checked was the voltage to make sure they didn't wire it backwards. Luckily I had a spare pump from my last RV, pulled the new pump out, installed the old one and I had water in about 5 seconds.

Called RV nation today and they are drop shipping me a new pump direct from the manufacturer and mailing me an RMA and shipping label to ship this one back to them. I leave Tuesday and will be boon docking for 6 days so I wish I had tested this sooner but at least I'm operational now. Old pump is a little louder and little less flow but that's a minor issue.

Also, on the water filter, there are tabs on both sides. The cover can go on 2 ways 180 degrees out. However, that picture was taken before the filter was installed so the sticker is on this side now.

Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #13
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
What is the valve in the lower rh corner in the picture? Looks like it might be the antifreeze suction line and it should be closed, not open.

That valve is from the fresh tank. You have to close it to get suction on the antifreeze line. Seems to be the opposite of most campers. I do not have a valve on the antifreeze line, just a cap.

Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote

first time, pump, water, water pump