Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I see by your pic that you will have to remove the small strainer to clean it also while in there to winterize,probably remove water filter as well. I have found that the hole diameter in the brass valve in the winterizing kits is VERY small,thus restricting the suction side of the pump. I just remove the suction side hose and put on a screw on hose to place in a antifreeze jug,then screw the original fitting suction assy.back on the pump. Youroo!!

You are correct, I noticed the small port size when I was working with the valve. I had originally planned to simply blow the lines in the trailer for the winter but noticed water was still present in the strainer after doing so. So I bought the valve and realized what a pain it would be to install along with the strainer, (and having to lengthen the fresh water intake hose) so I will use the valve to winterize and then replace the original setup in the spring. Maybe I will pull the pump then and reassemble the whole thing on my workbench where I can actually get at it and see what I am doing.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
dap

I have a 2604 with the same setup.Went to Home Depot and bought. 2 1/2 inch barbed fittings that screw onto the valve,cut the hose where convenient and inserted valve.You will also need two hose clamps.
Suction is not a problem,flows strong at faucet.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
I have a 2604 with the same setup.Went to Home Depot and bought. 2 1/2 inch barbed fittings that screw onto the valve,cut the hose where convenient and inserted valve.You will also need two hose clamps.
Suction is not a problem,flows strong at faucet.
I like the idea of mounting the valve inline. It would be easier to install and would eliminate the need to remove the strainer from the side of the pump. Plus, it would lengthen the fresh water intake hose which was my original concern. Anyone know the pump port thread sizes?