Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Problem Filling Water Tank - Forester class-C

I have a new 2006 Forester 26.5 Class-C and have had major problems trying fill the fresh water tank. The issues is when filling the tank from a garden hose even when using a short length of small house inserted into the RV fill inlet it seems that 90% of the water just runs back out the fill inlet and not into the water tank. I seems that the RV internel fill hose from the outer wall of the RV to the fresh water tank is a bit up hill or at best level. Maybe the fill hose has a loop in it. With the current state of the water filling system it takes hours to fill the tank and wastes 90% if the water on to the ground. Any ideas? Not very happy after just spending so much money on this Forester. Never had a problen filling the water tank on my old Lance 1140 with a gravity fill water system.

kromaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Should be a quick fix. I had this problem on another trailer. Turns out the hose (inside connected to that outside fill) was too long, and the water would fill the hose and only (slowly) go into the tank. (ie...the water took the easiest path, which was right back out where it came from.

Track down this hose inside your trailer to see if it's positioned correctly. If not, reposition it so it works, or simply cut it off and reclamp it. (shorten hose) Once I did that, I never had a problem with it again. Hopefully, that's the only thing wrong with yours too.
Let us know if you find the same problem.

PS...there is usually a tank vent hose connected to that same outlet fill. You can identify it by the small screen over the hole outside right near the fill. Make sure the hose is connected, or it's not plugged, blocked, or kinked. This could prevent air from escaping as well slowing the process.

Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Pete hit it right.
I've read where others have had similar problems on travel trailers. It's most likely a kinked hose. Either the fill hose or the vent hose, or both are kinked. As Pete stated, you'll have to gain access to find the problem.

Check out This post.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
If thats doesnt fix it . I had a gulf stream TT and its fill was lower than tank and wouldnt gravity feed so i cut a piece of hose with the female end on it long enough to get inside of tank connect it to water hose and fill it that way kind of a pain but it worked
2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote