Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Pull down faucet aerator key

Hi,
I have Sierra 365SAQB fifth wheel. The water pressure in my kitchen faucet has gone to almost nothing. I removed the pull down sprayer portion and get good pressure out of the line. I tried cleaning out the aerator and got some small debris out. After reinstalling the aerator and faucet my water pressure is worse. Some of the debris that came out were black and looked like they could have been a corroded gasket. I think the sprayer portion is clogged instead of the normal flow portion.
On to my question: I can't get the sprayer portion of the aerator unscrewed, it looks like it needs a special hex-like key. I looked through Home Depot and Lowes and neither carry one that looks like it will work. Where can I find one?

I'll post pictures when I get home later.

Thanks in advance.
furyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Team

A picture or two would certainly help.
Did you look through your paperwork to see if there was anything that looked like it would work?
Old 08-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #3

I looked through my paperwork and found nothing that discusses this. It's apparently the one random manual that I didn't receive.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Without the proper tool... I would find a bolt with a head the same size as the plastic hex.

Insert the bolt (head down) into the plastic hex and clamp a pair of vice grips to the threaded end of the bolt and turn apart.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #5

Was there a black washer on the aerator?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #6

Our cheap crap plastic lavatory faucet came apart internally with black plastic parts clogging the aerator and leaking water down the cold water line. I searched online for an RV faucet replacement and opted to go the home fixture route. Through www.efaucet.com, I got a beautiful solid brass high quality fixture for only $20 bucks more than that plastic garbage. You may want to upgrade now.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Without the proper tool... I would find a bolt with a head the same size as the plastic hex.

Insert the bolt (head down) into the plastic hex and clamp a pair of vice grips to the threaded end of the bolt and turn apart.
This worked perfectly! I feel a little silly for not thinking of it myself since a number of "special tools" I have at work use this method with two nuts so you can put a wrench on it.

The aerator does have a black washer on it, and a spring in there for some odd reason. After getting disassembled and cleaned I'm still getting awful water pressure there so back to tracing the water line back.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #8

We have a similar issue with what looks like the same faucet sprayer. After cleaning it and soaking it in CLR it didn't get any better. I found that if I held the black button down I get more water through. Has anyone found a replacement for the sprayer?
Until we get back home this is our solution>

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet