Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Question Question about lack of over flow vent hose on our trailer

I have a Greywolf 26DBH and have been getting it ready for our first trip in it to Hershey in a few weeks. While checking all the pluming for leaks and making sure everything worked I noticed that the grilled hole (usually the vent tube hole) next to the fresh tank fill was filled with caulk. When I looked in the compartment where it was there was not a vent tube.

I got under the trailer, not fun, and found that the over flow is a 90 black pex barbed type fitting that is into a bulkhead fitting on the tank. It is not obstructed since I filled the tank and it ran out this tube when it was overfilled... But do I need to worry about this draining my tank while sloshing around on the road? I usually only travel with a 1/3 at most but I want to arrive with some water for use on those pit stops...

Thanks, Pat

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

We had that type of setup on our last trailer and I actually like it better that the current setup. For some reason with the vent tube coming up with the filler tube, the tank fills slower and water will spit back if I don't fill slowly went it starts to get full. One of my projects this year is to get under the trailer and see if I can get a setup like you have now.
Bob
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Well I can attest it fills much faster than our 2306 with the tube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, vent