Old 03-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by tjm View Post
Any AC I've seen other than a vehicle AC just recirculates inside air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, you're right. I was thinking of vehicle AC for some reason...

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
Head Rambler
Given the fact that you're going to be stationary, it might work. If your toilet is on the high side of the black tank so that the water rushes through the tank from 'uphill' to 'downhill' then it would probably be ok. However, if it didn't work, and you had a brown mound develop, you'd have to remove the toilet and then clear it out, whereas with an RV toilet you can just open the gate and flush and prod through it.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
So back to the subject

I see what you are wanting to do, but I'm not sure you fully understand how holding tanks work. Just a off-the-cuff guess, but I would imagine if you did leave your black tank valve open (usually a bad idea) you would need at least 10-12 gallons of water to flush a bowel movement completely from the tank. even then, I'm not sure that would "doo" it

Holding tanks work by suspending the solids (poo and TP). The chemicals you add assist the water in flushing all the solid waste from the tank when you dump it.

I have attached a PDF that outlines holding tank do's and don'ts It also has the holding tank chemical "Home Brew" a lot of us use.

I DO understand what you want to accomplish, but I think you will be a much happier camper if you use the toilet that came with your camper (I DO recommend ditching the cheap plastic seat and installing a residential toilet seat).

If you have concerns about solid waste adhering to the toilet bowl, just install a hand sprayer:

Finally, a lot of us on the forum swear by the Blue Streak:
Chemical Dispensing Systems for RV & Marine | Blue Streak LLC

(Even if you use the Blue streak, still treat your tanks with the home brew mentioned in the attached PDF)

DO NOT attempt to put the home brew in the Blue Streak! Don't ask me how I know this
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Holding Tank procedure.pdf (130.3 KB, 15 views)
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #14
If you left your black valve open and tried using a toilet with 1.6 gallons per flush, your tank would act like a baffle, slowing down the flow, leaving all of the solids in a nice big pile where you won't be able to get to it. This is a very bad idea.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Not too sure by what you mean.... "time the flush" ?

Also... when you say .... "the 310 has a tendency not to let all the doo doo go down the hole" .

Not all...but a lot of the problems RVer's have with the 'flushing' of the RV toilet is that they do not use enough water 'before and during' the flush process.
Often there are sharp turns in the toilet drain that may cause a slowdown or sometimes a plug.
If the bowl has plenty of water prior depositing the 'doo doo' it then should have good lubrication and gravity power to pull everything through when you flush... along with the water that is flowing to assist the flush during this time.

It usually not recommended to leave the black tank valve open.
'Scotty... has a good point.'
Another Reason being is that the solids can pyramid and cause a bigger headache.
It is always best to drain the partially filled black tank after you have turned on the 'black tank rinse' and filled the black tank to almost full of water.
Then with the rinse still running... open the black tank valve...completely evacuating the black tank.

IMO... installing a house hold toilet wouldn't solve your wish to leave the valve open.

Good luck

Hi I'm laughing too hard to reply about timing the flush on phone I'll do asap

TimfmCt is offline   Reply With Quote