Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #1

Question RhinoExtreme 15 foot Kit

Does anyone who uses this product know the actual collapsed length of the hose along with the connectors at each end? The Camping World website states 45 inches, but I question this. My storage tube is 52 inches and the RhinoExtreme extends out a good 6-7 inches past the end. Really don't want to get a longer tube if I am just too stupid to store it right, so anyone hands-on information would be greatly appreciated. Here's to all: Happy Trails!

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #2

I do not know about the extreme but the regular Rhino 15' collapses to about that length.

RetCityMan
CityMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #3

I have this one. I went to war to get it to collapse. It's like a spring and keeps expanding which makes it not want to fit into the bumper. I finally got mad with another camper behind me at the dump station and shoved it in hard as i can about a foot inside.

I figured when I got home it'd be hanging out and the cap gone but it stayed. I will be looking for another soon. Camping world highly recommended the rihno. The plus side is the kit comes with the elbow and adapter and caps on both ends.

As info

Edit. It's possible the end caps are capturing air and it needs collapsed prior to installing the end caps. I will try this before I replace it.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #4
WFD

You definitely have to fully collapse it before putting the end caps back in place.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:22 AM   #5

I'll have to play with it to try to collapse it more. It was the first time I had used it and I simply pushed it into the tube expecting it to fit. I'm guessing you need to collapse it and install the plugs to keep it collapsed? Seems reasonable. If it fits and I don't have to buy a new carrier that would be a plus. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #6

Looking at it at amazon it states it collapses to 56 inchs.

Amazon.com: Camco 39761 RhinoFLEX 15' Sewer Hose Kit with Swivel Fitting: Automotive

"Kit compresses to 56" for storage and the removable 4-in-1 adapter allows you to store the hose in 4" square bumpers"
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplewon View Post
Looking at it at amazon it states it collapses to 56 inchs.

Amazon.com: Camco 39761 RhinoFLEX 15' Sewer Hose Kit with Swivel Fitting: Automotive

"Kit compresses to 56" for storage and the removable 4-in-1 adapter allows you to store the hose in 4" square bumpers"
Not good if the storage tube is only 52".

Something is not right if other members have been able to get theirs in. Unless the OP has an RV storage tube and others are putting them in the square bumper which should be longer as it goes side to side for bumper protection.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #8

I do not store the tank draining hose in any storage tube on the trailer. I have found over time that the tubes will rust unless plastic and cause the hose to wear as they are dragged from the storage tube on the trailer.

I store mine in a Rubber maid bin with a lockable lid in the basement of the trailer. The bin is marked waste and is large enough to keep the drain hose and clear elbows along with the hose connections. Every thing is right there where I need it and handy to get at.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Does anyone who uses this product know the actual collapsed length of the hose along with the connectors at each end? The Camping World website states 45 inches, but I question this. My storage tube is 52 inches and the RhinoExtreme extends out a good 6-7 inches past the end. Really don't want to get a longer tube if I am just too stupid to store it right, so anyone hands-on information would be greatly appreciated. Here's to all: Happy Trails!
Your unit has NO rear bumper? If it has a Bumper line it with Vinyl soffet material and slide the sewer hose right in,NO rust or Welds to worry about tearing or wearing your sewer hoses! Most bumpers are (96" Long)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Looking on F/R Site under (Gray Wolf) they only list a 2015 is (19RR and a 25RR) No 21RR? If it is a Toy Hauler though you probably Don't have a Rear Bumper! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #11

No bumper = bummer. Brought the hose home to work on and see what options may be. Worse case scenario is I may have to buy a longer carrier.

FR quit making the 21rr so they don't list it any longer. Sure love my TH. Happy Trails.