Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
I guess I am a little slow on this the notification button. I go to CP user and down to Subscribe and check the 'notificatin button'. the next time I look at it, it is unchecked. Why does it not activate?
Down at the bottom is a SAVE box you have to click.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
Siphoning is the problem. Once it starts, hard to stop. I bet there is no hose to the back side of your water fill station, a small screened hole right above where you put the water fill hose into. I ran clear tubing (mine is 1/2" ID) using a plastic barbed union from the FW tank vent tube (1/2") to the back side of the water fill station. I needed 11' of tubing to do this. No real pressure to deal with so I just used tie wraps on all the connections. Now the vent is screened from bugs and the vent is above the level of the top of the tank allowing the "vacuum to break" stopping the siphon. Just traveling will allow (make) the FW tank to expand and collapse a little and while doing so the water being non-compressible will find a way out - through the vent tube.

Nope, no breather hole above the water fill, only the 'over flow' coming out of the bottom under cover next to the tank drain tube. The 'over flow' does not even seem to act like a breather tube. The filler to the FW is an attachment for a hose only, not an open port. The filler port has a one way check valve in it. This check valve seems to compound the problem, letting water/air in and forcing it out through the p-trap over flow tube. Hence...self draining.
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Down at the bottom is a SAVE box you have to click.
I think it is working now, my spamer was catching it.
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #24

Ours will run out of the overflow tube when I fill it. I tested it once and it will siphon and mostly drain the tank if allowed to do so. I'm planning on fixing it at some point but for the time being I've found a way to make it stop. Just hold your finger over the overflow tube and stop the water flow. Give it about 20 seconds and you should be good to go then. I get just a little water when I release my finger then it stops. Not ideal but works for now until I get it fixed.
Fire931 is offline   Reply With Quote