Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 05:25 AM   #1

Sandpiper 365RL fresh water tank drain

The fresh water tank drain in my 2012 Sandpiper 365RL appears to be the standard type with a fitting and cap at the end of the drain line. However, my filled tank is not draining. This RV is new to me and the previous owner reports the fresh water tank was never filled. Am I missing a drain valve somewhere? When I insert about 8-9" of hanger wire I hit hard plastic. Is the drain a straight line from the bottom of the tank, or does it have a 90 degree turn as it comes out the side? BTW, my 12V Sureflo pump is running when switched on put is no longer pumping although it did earlier this season and the tank is full. Overflow line is venting and draining normally. Just wondering if the two problems are related. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
wilfb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfb100 View Post
The fresh water tank drain in my 2012 Sandpiper 365RL appears to be the standard type with a fitting and cap at the end of the drain line. However, my filled tank is not draining. This RV is new to me and the previous owner reports the fresh water tank was never filled. Am I missing a drain valve somewhere? When I insert about 8-9" of hanger wire I hit hard plastic. Is the drain a straight line from the bottom of the tank, or does it have a 90 degree turn as it comes out the side? BTW, my 12V Sureflo pump is running when switched on put is no longer pumping although it did earlier this season and the tank is full. Overflow line is venting and draining normally. Just wondering if the two problems are related. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I'm replying to my own initial post. I can report that my drain operates by removing the cap at the bottom of the drain line; there is no valve involved. The issue is that debris in the tank blocked the drain and also clogged the strainer on the pump. I used compressed air to free up the drain and removed and cleaned the strainer. Everything working properly.
wilfb100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, drain, fresh water, sandpiper, tank, water, water tank