Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Sanibel3501 Shower Pan Leak

I’m hoping someone out there can help me.

We own a 2013 Sanibel 3501. On our last trip in July our shower floor pan started leaking. After taking our trailer to our repair shop , they informed me we need a new floor pan. Bad news yes, but it gets worse.

They tell me they have been trying to get an answer as to the availability of a new pan. Then they tell me even if they do have one ,getting Forest River to ship it ASAP would be next to impossible. We leave on August 17 for our vacation for two weeks.

Would any of you great folks know who I could get in touch with at Forest River for help with this huge problem ? I am willing to pay for next day air for repair parts being sent to our repair facility. We are really in a jam so any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you.

Chris
chris woznica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

Are you certain that it's the floor pan leaking? Can you see cracks?

We thought that our shower was leaking... and it was. However the plumbing connections underneath the shower were not connected at the 90 degree fitting. Sometimes they get disconnected or broken over time.

If it's a crack, can they temporarily fix it?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #3

Sanibel

Has anyone had any experience with the epoxy shower floor repair kits. Our shower floor has cracked abut two inches near the drai. Thank you for any advice
Chris
chris woznica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #4

I have one to use in my S&B. Does not look too hard other then good ventilation and a good breathing mask.
Underneath the pan, I would use fiberglass to reinforce that area.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #5

Works for kayaks, should work on shower pan cracks.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
Dr. V

Shower Leaking

The shower leaked onto the bathroom floor bacause the railing was installed backwards and the weep holes were on the outside.
Would you consider calling on a local flooring/shower contractor to fabricate a pan for you?
dkvoelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #7

Look, if the crack doesn't intersect the drain and you only need a fix for this trip, put a piece of Eternabond tape (nothing else) over the crack and replace the pan when you get back.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #8

Sanibel 3301 Shower Pan Leaking

I Owned a 2014 Sanibel and I had a lot of issues with it. I talked to a Jeff Wagner at Prime Time MFG. Main Number 574-862-3001, Direct 574-862-3037. Mr. Wagner's Email is jwagner@forestriverinc.com.

I hope this helps you.

Former owner of 2014 Sanibel

Popinfresh2
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #9

1. I like Larry-NC's quick fix: Eternabond tape and fix later.
2. If you can't find the crack, it may be the shower faucets leaking. I had water under my shower pan but it was not the pan leaking. It was a cracket faucet fixture that was leaking behind the shower and onto the floor under the shower pan.
3. If it is really a cracked shower pan, another quick fix is a shower/tub liner. I've seen advertised on TV a custom liner that is made and installed in one day. Didn't pay enough attention to catch the name, but a Google search or calls to local plumbing companies may locate a local liner company.

Good luck in fixing the crack and going on your trip as scheduled.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #10

If you can see the crack, place the Eternobond on the bottom side and support the area with short pieces of lumber under where the drain is located.
Many places have truck bed liner in a spray can, with good instruction on application, cover the drain and apply the liner product per directions. That stuff has as many uses as duct tape!
When you return home you will have time to deal with replacement of the pan.
Best of luck.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel