Old 08-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #1

Sanitizing new 5th wheel

I have searched the best I can and understand the process but have not figured out a way to do it with the hookups my Brookstone 340LS has. There is no gravity feed to holding tank I can find, so I will have to go through the hose inlets some way. Only the city hookup is labeled so I am guessing the other two let me put water in the gray and black tanks. Is there some type of pick up system (like a pressure washer has or a lawn weed killer applicator has) that I can attach in line to the hose that will suck up the sanitizing solution to allow me to get it into the tank. I have attached a picture of my controls to aid your suggestions. Sorry it is horizontal. I took it vertical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	37264  

Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #2

Poor the bleach into the hose, then hook it up to camper or water spiget.

jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkychuck View Post
I have searched the best I can and understand the process but have not figured out a way to do it with the hookups my Brookstone 340LS has. There is no gravity feed to holding tank I can find, so I will have to go through the hose inlets some way. Only the city hookup is labeled so I am guessing the other two let me put water in the gray and black tanks. Is there some type of pick up system (like a pressure washer has or a lawn weed killer applicator has) that I can attach in line to the hose that will suck up the sanitizing solution to allow me to get it into the tank. I have attached a picture of my controls to aid your suggestions. Sorry it is horizontal. I took it vertical.
I am so frustrated. Got the bleach water into the system after talking to Coachmen CS but would have never figured it out by looking at the manual and the labels in the water compartment. Coachmen CS agreed manual sucked but it didn't appear he cared. I hope the rest of the systems aren't this difficult.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #4

Hi, I have a Brookstone 354ts with similiar hookups as yours.

You should have gotten with your trailer a short hose (maybe 2-3 feet long) with a 90 degree connector on the end. The connector hooks up to the small inlet at the top (the one covered with the black top).

The other end of the hose is bare. That end is put into whatever you want to suck into the system, such as winterizing fluid or your sanitizing solution.

Turn the knobs to tank fill turn on the pump (best to have two people for this) and it will draw the liquid in. Then switch to system use and use the pump to push it out to the various outlets.

You may have already got this, but I thought I would put it out for anyone else that does not know.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedone View Post
Hi, I have a Brookstone 354ts with similiar hookups as yours.

You should have gotten with your trailer a short hose (maybe 2-3 feet long) with a 90 degree connector on the end. The connector hooks up to the small inlet at the top (the one covered with the black top).

The other end of the hose is bare. That end is put into whatever you want to suck into the system, such as winterizing fluid or your sanitizing solution.

Turn the knobs to tank fill turn on the pump (best to have two people for this) and it will draw the liquid in. Then switch to system use and use the pump to push it out to the various outlets.

You may have already got this, but I thought I would put it out for anyone else that does not know.
Thanks Wingedone. I talked to Coachmen and that is what they told me. I told them it would be nice if that was in the manual. All customer service did was agree with me about that. I followed the procedure and it worked. I have sent them a letter with the same picture I posted asking why the port is labeled "Sewer tank flusher". i told them I hope that was a mislabel because if it wasn't what keeps the WP from sucking from the sewer? It will be interesting to see their reply. Thanks again
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkychuck View Post
Thanks Wingedone. I talked to Coachmen and that is what they told me. I told them it would be nice if that was in the manual. All customer service did was agree with me about that. I followed the procedure and it worked. I have sent them a letter with the same picture I posted asking why the port is labeled "Sewer tank flusher". i told them I hope that was a mislabel because if it wasn't what keeps the WP from sucking from the sewer? It will be interesting to see their reply. Thanks again
Got the reply from Coachmen this week. They didn't say anything about the label and on the question of the WP sucking waste back into the FW tank they said "I should not be able to do it".

Tags
5th wheel, wheel