Old 10-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester Fred View Post
I just checked, the L7 is listed as "obsolete" on the Watts website. That's the bad news...the good news is it looks like they've replaced it with the LF7 (lead free)
LF7 Lead Free* Bronze Dual Check Valves, Dual Checks / Dual Checks with Atmospheric Vent, Backflow Prevention - Watts

Description:
Series LF7 Lead Free* Dual Check Valves prevent the reverse flow of polluted water from entering into the drinking water supply at the service entrance or at individual outlets. It consists of a Lead Free* cast copper silicon alloy body construction, with two plastic replaceable check valves, and stainless steel springs. Series LF7 is designed for non-health hazard residential water system containment, continuous pressure applications. It is installed immediately downstream of the residential water meter, in a vertical or horizontal position. Check with local inspection authorities for installation requirements. Minimum Working Pressure: 10psi (69 kPa) Maximum Working Pressure: 150psi (10 bar).

In your own words " Series LF7 is designed for non-health hazard residential water system containment, continuous pressure applications."

The only problem is black tank contents are" Health hazard contaminants".

You may have used a straight nipple in lieu, not recommended. That valve looks pretty expensive, is it?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
In your own words " Series LF7 is designed for non-health hazard residential water system containment, continuous pressure applications."

You may have used a straight nipple in lieu, not recommended. That valve looks pretty expensive, is it?
I copied and pasted from the Watts website - that's what they're saying about it. It looks like the LF7 is the L7 without lead solder in it. They didn't list prices.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #23
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
K
Quote:

Seems to me that when you turn the water off, the hose will still have water in it. So, how does the bad stuff get back to the good stuff? Most people I know would unhook hose from RV, then from fauset. And, most people have a dedicated hose for flush'n.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #24
Canadian Member

Is the Watts No. 8 about the same as the No. 7 except that it only has a single check valve?

Watts No. 8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers, Brass, Vacuum Breakers, Backflow Prevention - Watts

"Series 8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers permit the attachment of portable hoses to hose thread faucets and prevent the reverse flow of polluted water into the potable water supply due to backsiphonage. It consists of a brass body construction, stainless steel working parts, and a rubber diaphragm and disc. Series 8 is ideal for inside and outside, health hazard installations requiring non-continuous pressure such as service sinks, swimming pools, photo developing tanks, laundry tubs, wash racks, dairy barns, marinas, and general outside gardening uses."

With the 2 hose threads it would work for me since I would use it between the outside hose and the black tank flusher connection on the trailer.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #25
Left Coast

If it's on the outside, I'd probably want to put a loop in the inside hose to try and create a water trap for vapors and use a plastic screw in plug on the RV hose connection.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #26

Quote:

I think it explains it in the very beginning of the description from Watts -

Description:
Series LF7 Lead Free* Dual Check Valves prevent the reverse flow of polluted water from entering into the drinking water supply at the service entrance or at individual outlets. I think the contents of the black water tank could be considered polluted water....I know I wouldn't want to go swimming in it!

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #27
Left Coast

X2!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #28

The FR folks installed this valve backwards on my 2016 Nitro and mine didn't work either. We turned the valve around and it works great.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #29
Alleged curmudgeon

Forester Fred, as both bob caldwell and Tireguy397 have suggested, what you are describing appears consistent with the anti-backflow valve being installed backwards. Have you been able to confirm this is not the case?
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Is the Watts No. 8 about the same as the No. 7 except that it only has a single check valve?

Watts No. 8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers, Brass, Vacuum Breakers, Backflow Prevention - Watts

"Series 8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers permit the attachment of portable hoses to hose thread faucets and prevent the reverse flow of polluted water into the potable water supply due to backsiphonage. It consists of a brass body construction, stainless steel working parts, and a rubber diaphragm and disc. Series 8 is ideal for inside and outside, health hazard installations requiring non-continuous pressure such as service sinks, swimming pools, photo developing tanks, laundry tubs, wash racks, dairy barns, marinas, and general outside gardening uses."

With the 2 hose threads it would work for me since I would use it between the outside hose and the black tank flusher connection on the trailer.
I have those connected to my house outside hose bibs. Everytime I turn the water off they squirt water out around them. Breaking any vacuum between the water supply and hose.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank