Old 10-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have those connected to my house outside hose bibs. Everytime I turn the water off they squirt water out around them. Breaking any vacuum between the water supply and hose.
No. What you have outside on your hosebibs is the Watts NF8.

Bruce

Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester Fred View Post
I got the camper home today and tried again. I thought I might have goofed as the first time I tried using the tank flush the black tank was 2/3rds full and the camper was parked on an incline so the nose was about 8 to 10 inches higher than the rear. I thought that I might have covered the sprayer with water and that's why I didn't see anything happening through the toilet.

When I tried it today I did it on an empty black tank. Nothing - I shut the water off and when I unscrewed the hose from the fitting on the side of the camper I got air pressure coming back out of the connection. This leads me to believe something in there - the valve? - is blocking the mechanism.
I have never had air coming out when I disconnect my hose. I will have a little water that comes out being that the valve is closed at the end going to the tank. But the water going to the valve will drain out of the line, being that the loop is higher then my connection. I wondering where did that water go that you only got air coming out. There is an inlet and outlet side to that anti siphon valve which is only a plastic check valve That #7 that you showed would work fine. You can't pull a vacuum being it's a vented tank unless your vent is blocked. So that would work. They also make a brass version of the black cheap plastic one installed. You have one end in and one end out, I can say I have never seen Plex hooked to it before, mine is just plain old water hose on both sides. It looks like an easy access area, try to remove it first and connect the in and out line together with a piece of 5/8" copper 3" long and a couple of hose clamps and see if your tank flush will work then. At least then you would find out if is the valve or the tank is causing the problem. If it's the tank you going to have to take it in or use a wand. If you find it's the valve do as Bob Caldwell discussed....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #33
Mod free 5er

Amazing what some folks can see on your house Glenn from 100's of miles away. Look out Superman and your XRay vision.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
No. What you have outside on your hosebibs is the Watts NF8.

Bruce
Okay thanks for that Info. Only thing the NF8 states it has a rubber diaphragm. I do not have that, It looks just as the one you showed.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Okay thanks for that Info. So the one you showed would be only a check valve correct ?
NF8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers for Wall & Yard Hydrants, Brass

Series NF8 Hose Connection Vacuum Breakers are designed specifically for wall and yard hydrants to prevent the reverse flow of polluted water from entering into the potable water supply due to backsiphonage. It consists of brass body construction (NF8) or chrome finish (NF8C), stainless steel working parts, a rubber diaphragm and disc, and a draining stem. The NF8 permits manual draining for freezing conditions. Maximum Pressure:125psi (8.6 bar).
Old 10-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #36

If our RVs were houses and the same cross connection possibility of fecal matter and potable water was present, we would be required to have what's called an RPZ (Reduced Pressure Zone) type Backflow preventer. These things are huge and can cost a small fortune. RV cross connection standards are pretty much non-existent in my opinion. There seems to be no requirement of ASSE standards as there is with houses.

Bruce
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
Forester Fred, as both bob caldwell and Tireguy397 have suggested, what you are describing appears consistent with the anti-backflow valve being installed backwards. Have you been able to confirm this is not the case?
I "think" it's installed properly. Here's the photo of it. The white hose is the input from the outside hose connection. It goes to the valve then the blue pex goes from the valve to the black water tank. The photo is a little skewed as I was laying on my back when I took it. The valve is up against the underside of the bathroom vanity. The red/blue pex lines run horizontal, the white soft hose and the blue pex off the valve run vertical.

I'm still under warranty and have been in contact with my dealer. They said to bring the camper over and they'll take care of it.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #38

Gljurczyk, I'm sorry, but I, for some reason, didn't notice the quote included in your earlier post. The No.8 is, indeed, the correct backflow preventer for your hosebib -- this type is usually used in areas not subject to freezing temperatures. I thought you were talking about the No.7 series. Again, my apologies.

Bruce
Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #39

Looking at the schematic from B&B, it appears that at least according to their drawing that my valve is oriented correctly - see photo in post #37

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #40
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
As I have a factory valve in my hand, the drawing is correct. the problem I see in post 37 is the valve lay'n on it's side.....the rectangular top cover should be at the top as there's a flapper disc in there that floats under it's own weight and with valve lay'n on it's side the flapper can't close.

Tags
tank