Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick View Post
Got more info this morning. The clean out is on a swept connector. The said it will be a little below grade and I will need to glue an adapter of my choice to it. I think I will use one of the 4" screw caps and then put a sprinkler box over it at grade level.

I'm going to give it a shot dumping without vents installed. Plenty of people successfully dumping their black water into their septic clean outs without vents.

If I need vents I'll be back for more info. Thanks for all the advice!
I enlarged your pictures and IMO the "t" is not a swept "t" . No way is it . Just a heads up . Your business but why would you not spend $15 in materials and 10 minutes of labor venting this properly ? And I would dump next to or directly into the septic tank . That's how I did it . Contractors that would do work this this way wouldn't work for me . Farmer Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #22

Dumped a full load of black in it yesterday and it worked fine.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #23

Back home from visiting my property. The full 35-40 gallon dump of my RV went in just fine with no odor coming into the living area of the barn.

Now what is a pain of the ass is getting my RV and truck lined up to do the dump. Took a couple hours to figure it out. Next time it would be much quicker but still a pain in the ass. Requires putting the living side wheels on to big blocks.

I would like to know more about dumping directly into the clean out lid of the septic tank. I could pull directly up to the tank and easily dump with only one dump hose and the black water tank would have a nice good tilt towards the septic. It would be the ideal situation.

I have read a lot of people do this. However, I read a post by a guy that warns against this as he believes it stirs up the tank too much. See below. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

"As a civil engineer with a company involved in the municipal, industrial and residential wastewater markets, I can assure you 35 gallons will do no harm to a septic system, particularly if you use Rid-X.

HOWEVER: Please, please, please dump your waste into the cleanout or another fitting upstream of the first tank inlet. Septic tanks are designed to be very calm environments. The inlet into the tank has a "T" fitting on it which encourages your waste to enter in a calm and dignified manner, sending gunk to the bottom and oils to the top, leaving relatively "clean" water in the middle of the tank. The outlet of the tank then pulls the "clean" water from the middle which is sent to another similar tank or to the leach field.

Dumping directly into the pump-out hole in the top of one of the tanks will stir up all the oils and gunk into one big homogenous soup, which then will move on down into the leach field. This will clog your leach field and send little bits of gunk and critters into the surrounding soils, which take much more work and time by mother nature to filter out, hopefully before it gets down to the water table."

Tags
tank