Old 10-04-2016, 06:29 AM   #11

Smell

As someone suggested the "P" traps has flushed themselves out and needed to be fill with water. Once that was completed the smell went away.

On a different note. Once I got the camper home and back in storage I fill the gray water tanks with water. While filling tanks with water to do a flush and clean I smelt the vent and Oh my it had that terrible smell of sewer. So at least I know what it was and where it comes from. I had no idea gray water would smell like that. I never had that smell with my pull trailer Dutchman. At least I know what it was. I filled tank and put a pint of Chlorox in tank and will drain out today. Mayby that will help.

Tim

Tim Coltrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #12

I noticed in the Forest River download manual on their website,that it gives a ratio for Clorex to water to pour into the drains.I run that through prior to flush the grey tanks out.I made the mistate of leaving the grey water valves open and man that was a big mistake,oder,and flies can into the trailer for 2 days till we finally called tech services at forest river and then they walk us through the troubleshoot procedures.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #13

The water in the "P" traps will evaporate rather quickly, say two days of the RV sitting in warm weather without any A/C running. With the A/C running it would evaporate even quicker as the A/C draws all moisture from within an RV. Without water in the "P" traps all odors from the grey tank will make their way into the RV. I know friends who own RV's and when they dump at the campground dump station they consider their tanks clean. NOT. On my former TT I installed a tap on the sewer line coming from the house to the septic tank so that I could pump water from the grey and black tanks straight to that tap. When I return from a trip I clean out each tank at least twice or until I'm satisfied that they are clean. Any residue left in either tank will promote growth of stuff that will stink. I keep my unit hooked up to electric and water when at home so I go out often and run water into the sinks. I also check the toilet operation often, especially when I'm outside working .
Old 10-04-2016, 11:30 PM   #14

You can not rinse these systems enough,I error on the side of mutiple rinse and dumps.I like the nozzle system in my black water tank you can really hear it roar,I sit down with a coffee and enjoy the morning while Mr.Magic does his thing....
Old 10-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #15

Have you checked your air inducer valves under the sinks? Remove, and shake, if the rattle valve is bad. I just replaced two of mine, no more odors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #16

If it is the toilet put some dish washing liquid in bowl. This will lubricate seal, it is thicker than water and can be used a a test. Worked for a while but my seals where old o I replaced them....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums