Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #1

Sewer Connector Problem

I have a question regarding the Black water and Grey water connectors can anyone help?
My trailer has Valterra connectors and I would like to know if Camec connectors are compatible. In Australia where I live Camec are easy to get parts for whereas Valterra don't seem to be available here.
Frances Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Owner/Operator

AS far as here in the US, "most" of the sewer connectors are pretty standard. There are still some RVs around with the Thetford connectors (normally white in color), but other than those, parts are interchangeable between the manufacturers.

Could you measure the outside diameter of the pipe that the tabs are on, and we can measure ours to see if they are the same?

We have a major supplier/manufacturer here in the states called CAMCO. Don't know if it's the same company there down under with a slightly different name.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #3

The Valterra locking cap is 3-1/2" internal diameter. It has two locking moldings and attaches to the waste pipe using a choice of four molded posts to connect the two.
I hope that the Camco has the same setup. If you could measure I'd appreciate.
Thanks..
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

The ABS Sewer Pipe on my RV is standard 3" ABS, which has a measurement of 3" ID, and 3-1/2" OD (1/4" wall thickness).

The dimensions of the Caps that I have for the Sewer Drain are all 3-1/2" when measured between the locking tabs.

The Valterra and CAMCO RV Sewer Caps sold here in the US all have the 3-1/2" measurement, with the exception of the old style Thetford items mentioned in post #2.

I tried, but could not find, the dimension of the CAMEC product that is available to you there. That is something that you will have to do by contacting a supplier and have them measure. The only information that I could find on the CAMEC item was the listing in their catelog, and that gave no dimensions.

Hope this helps.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the information I think that both must have the same dimensions and I'll order a single Camec connector to confirm.
Thanks