Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 04:11 AM   #21
World Wide Wanderer

The main reason I bought it was due to the extremely low sewer connection height on my Airstream as well as the fact my home connection was higher and a bit further away. On my Concord I am planning to reconfigure the mess that was installed at the factory and go with a 12 volt macerator pump. I too have carried a stinky slinky but have never used it. The only disadvantage to the Sewer Solution is the fact you need a pressurized water source for it to work properly. It is a bit slower than a 4" dump line.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #22

with the macerator pump you'll need rinse water and I guess that means saving your gray for that purpose, ....not w/SS, that's one(of many) of the things I like about the Sewer Solution, we don't have to save the gray water to rinse behind the black, we actually leave gray open to drain all the time we're hooked up, one less thing to monitor

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:53 AM   #23
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Uh-Oh... Here it comes..
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:17 AM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Your Fresh Water Tank! Youroo!!
For those looking for extra storage capacity!
I like it!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Could I pump it thru a water hose out into the wood? Or a nearby stream or lake?
Now that everyone has had a good laugh Let's answer your question.

Even macerated, you are pumping raw sewage out of your black tank, so, in a word, no. And double no for the stream or lake (Your daughter & wife might be downstream swimming

All contents from your black and gray tanks should be disposed of in a approved dump facility (either a sewer hookup on your site or a campground dump station).

So why a macerator? A lot of reasons but the biggest ones (I suppose) is a smaller hose, ability to pump uphill, and the big Thetford ones can dump a tank in 1-2 min!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #26
World Wide Wanderer

When we are at home the gray water goes on the ground into the garden. Black goes into the septic system...ALWAYS! Besides the grass grows greener over the septic field. One small house I had the garden was over the septic field and no one could figure out how I was able to grow such great tomatoes.

When camping in a established campground we follow the rules, occasionally I might bleed of a bit of gray water if it is a heavily wooded campground, but I keep that to a minimum.

Aaron

Old 04-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to B and B
For the first 30 years of camping we dumped the dishpan in the woods beside the site. First TT did not have a gray tank and this went on the ground through a garden hose. Last time I drove to work (this morning) they are pumping waste solids from sewage treatment plant on to farmers fields (restricted use every 5 years). Also it is liquid manure season. So this goes on them fields too.
I recycle (born in Kitchener), collect compost for pickup by the region and I do not see an issue dumping gray water on the ground. In fact during the 80's they built gray tanks in some homes to water grass or the garden.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #28

The Sewer Solution looks great for some situations, but it requires a fresh water connection. Almost all of dump stations I've used don't have a conventional hose, they generally have a rinse hose, but no threaded connector. This could be a problem if you dry camp or use water / electric only and dump on the way out. Am I missing something?
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #29

I really started some sh_t.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

As long as it continues to keep flowing down hill...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
As long as it continues to keep flowing down hill...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
:roflb lack:
Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #32

Quote:
I really started some sh_t.
Trouble maker...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 AM   #33
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAK View Post
The Sewer Solution looks great for some situations, but it requires a fresh water connection. Almost all of dump stations I've used don't have a conventional hose, they generally have a rinse hose, but no threaded connector. This could be a problem if you dry camp or use water / electric only and dump on the way out. Am I missing something?
I don't typically use dump stations. I avoid the lines and either stay in a sewer site if available or dump when I get home. SS works great in both cases. I do know one person that rigged an outlet from the fresh water tank on their TT and used it to pressurize the SS. Worked well for her.

I want the ability to THOROUGHLY flush and rinse my tanks, that isn't going to happen at your typical dump station.

They do make a gizmo called a water thief/bandit (PC police at work?) that will fit on any faucet threaded or not.

Aaron

Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 AM   #34
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
For the first 30 years of camping we dumped the dishpan in the woods beside the site. First TT did not have a gray tank and this went on the ground through a garden hose. Last time I drove to work (this morning) they are pumping waste solids from sewage treatment plant on to farmers fields (restricted use every 5 years). Also it is liquid manure season. So this goes on them fields too.
I recycle (born in Kitchener), collect compost for pickup by the region and I do not see an issue dumping gray water on the ground. In fact during the 80's they built gray tanks in some homes to water grass or the garden.
Those are "treated" solids...

The biggest issues with dumping gray water on the ground occurs near watersheds and in high use areas. Also a dish pan only holds a couple of gallons at best, not 20+ like many holding tanks. In many areas it has been outlawed an you will get a fine if they find out.

Aaron

Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I don't typically use dump stations. I avoid the lines and either stay in a sewer site if available or dump when I get home. SS works great in both cases. I do know one person that rigged an outlet from the fresh water tank on their TT and used it to pressurize the SS. Worked well for her.

I want the ability to THOROUGHLY flush and rinse my tanks, that isn't going to happen at your typical dump station.

They do make a gizmo called a water thief/bandit (PC police at work?) that will fit on any faucet threaded or not.

Aaron
The "Thief/Bandit,s" will not allow any Back Pressure,only Free Flow,UNLESS you add a Hose clamp of some type! Youroo!!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #36

Quote:

The biggest issues with dumping gray water on the ground occurs near watersheds and in high use areas. Also a dish pan only holds a couple of gallons at best, not 20+ like many holding tanks. In many areas it has been outlawed an you will get a fine if they find out.

Aaron

My last three houses, all had grey water fields. Grey has been going in/on the ground forever.

One even had a septic field.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 04-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #37

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:

Aaron

In any campground I have used in Canada I have never seen a grey dump solution for wash pans or any rules for containment for trailers that don't have the facility. Common sense prevails with anything but as Kenny has mentioned Grey had gone into ground forever. As far as treating the solids here they scoop then out to a truck , add water and spray. Not sure how you treat solid waste.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #38

Quote:

Aaron
The soil is a perfect filter, you need to watch more naked and afraid.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #39

Quote:
The soil is a perfect filter, you need to watch more naked and afraid.
I sometimes pee on the ground behind my shop. Am I in trouble?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #40
Land of the Midnightsun

I don't need the stinky slinky or any high tech dumping mechanisms. My wife and I are early risers and we leave camp ground in the cover of darkness with black tank valve wide open trying to make as many right hand turns as we can before reaching Hwy. Just tryin to keep Amercia a little greener
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote