Old 07-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
I did not have a compartment to pass the hose through but my 4" storage
PVC pipe I mounted under the RV for sewer hose storage was just about 1/4" too small for the hose. My fix was, cut off the tops of the locking knobs with a hack saw, cut the "EARS" or "TABS" on the orange fittings off by about 1/2 of what sticks out with a hack saw. I locked a "JOINT" of the hose together to see just how much of the locking knobs I could cut off but still be functional.

Look at the pictures close, you will see what I am talking about.

You did a great job, but why should one have to modify a product when they should have made it right the first time? I'm sure many many class C (sorry for earlier error) motorhomes like the Sunseeker 2300 have similar size compartment openings (or bumper/pvc openings). Only by refusing to purchase these items will the companies be motivated to make the slight changes to their designs.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
You did a great job, but why should one have to modify a product when they should have made it right the first time? I'm sure many many class C (sorry for earlier error) motorhomes like the Sunseeker 2300 have similar size compartment openings (or bumper/pvc openings). Only by refusing to purchase these items will the companies be motivated to make the slight changes to their designs.
Or FR could make a change to the Sunseeker compartment hole to fit what is on the market which makes more sense.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #13

I purchased a larger "deck plate" (that's what boaters call them) and enlarged the hole with a sabre saw. Works great. From previous discussions on here, I understand FR is now going to make the hole bigger. Its not really their fault, its Rhinoflex that has not followed the standard. Search Amazon and you will find sources to purchase or check a marine supply store.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
I purchased a larger "deck plate" (that's what boaters call them) and enlarged the hole with a sabre saw. Works great. From previous discussions on here, I understand FR is now going to make the hole bigger. Its not really their fault, its Rhinoflex that has not followed the standard. Search Amazon and you will find sources to purchase or check a marine supply store.
I agree. 4" deck plates are a standard measure. Rhinoflex is only 1/16 to 1/8 inches too wide. They should have researched. They also should know how to supply a sewer hose that has the fittings secured at the factory and not hide their leaking problem by saying the consumer didn't tighten the fittings sufficiently.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #15

Thank you Daisy Boykin for your help and illustration. I will try this. I must agree with the others in resenting the fact I have to improvise in using their product when it should fit in the first place. But I so appreciate all your help. This forum has been invaluable! You are all wonderful!