Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #21

As promised in post #12, pics of my Sewer Solution set up, ... with the hose always clamped to the SS pump, that unit was more bulky than I liked, so I separated it by cutting it off but leaving a short nipple so I could connect it with a 3/4" pvc coupling, ... I found that the hose ends that had been factory pushed onto the metal bushings are slightly enlarged and are the perfect size for a friction seal into a 3/4" pvc coupling, the coupling is a loose fit on the other end, but I attached them with Harbor Freight epoxy and that give me a male and a female end on each hose, works great, ... I used a combination of two short hoses, "Y" hose adapter, and garden hose quick disconnects to put my system together, ... the pic shows where I get my water supply from, for the SS, ...

For the last couple of years our trips are usually just three or four days at a time, so since we'll not fill the black tank and I leave the gray tank open to drain, I don't attach the SS until the last day when I'm going to be cleaning/flushing the black tank, ...

If you have a situation where the cg drain is higher than the black tank dump valve, then yes its a little different than if it's not that way, BUT, after the black tank is cleaned(flushed and emptied as many times as you want) then continue to run the water for a while and after that, the water that is still left in the hose is "gray water", there will of course be a little spill when you first disconnect the line from the SS, but by lifting it up that "gray water" will drain out of the hose into the cg drain and then you are good to go, ... simple and easy, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1102.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	472.2 KB
ID:	203931   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1103.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	203932   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1104.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	203933   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1105.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	203934   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1106.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	547.8 KB
ID:	203935  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1107.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	203936   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1108.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	596.5 KB
ID:	203937  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmstack View Post
Waiting for the photos. I am lost as to how a water hose would empty the black water tank waste to a higher elevation into the dump sewage pipe that is higher than the black water valve.

Sewer Solution is a macerator system that uses a small water jet(instead of gears and electric motor) to breakup solids and pump/push everything thru the small hose to the drain, ... would you question the ability of the $300 macerator systems on the hi-dollar motor homes to pump to an elevated height? ... I've seen some claims of the SS pumping 60ft up to 3ft high, ... I know from personal experience and have many times with my SS, pumped 40ft 2ft elevated into my septic tank clean-out at home with no problem at all, ...

with an elevated run, there will be water left in the hose similar to any "p" trap situation, but the water jet is clean water and running that for a while after all the black tank stuff is gone you have no more than "gray water" in the hose, ... you may get a slight spill when unhooking and quickly lifting the hose from the SS, but that "gray water" will then drain into the cg drain, just as it would with slinky, ... Sewer Solution is a great product, wish I had thought of it, ...

Old 05-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #23

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics!

I was thinking that I would connect a grey hose to the CG spigot (with backflow preventer and separate water pressure regulator), put a splitter on that and then use two shorter lengths of grey hose to connect to the black tank flush and the SS.

Whwn you rinse the black tank with the SS, do you leave the SS water running or turn it off and close the black valve until you're ready to empty it? I'm just wondering about water pressure.
ScenicView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScenicView View Post
..... Whwn you rinse the black tank with the SS, do you leave the SS water running or turn it off and close the black valve until you're ready to empty it? I'm just wondering about water pressure.
Both the black tank flush unit and the Sewer Solution have back-flow preventers built into them, ... I close the blacktank valve, spray for a couple of mins, stop tank spray, open tank valve, then turn on SS spray, let drain, repeat until satisfied with cleanness, ... like mine and most others, your in-the-tank spray unit is probably mounted right above the tank drain valve, if you spray with the tank valve open and draining, you are spraying against(NOT WITH) that flow trying to leave the tank, ... if FR would mount that spray unit on the other side of the tank, the spray would help push the solids and the flow towards the drain but they don't most of the time, its a shorter run thus cheaper for them to mount it where they do, ...

Old 05-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
... like mine and most others, your in-the-tank spray unit is probably mounted right above the tank drain valve, if you spray with the tank valve open and draining, you are spraying against(NOT WITH) that flow trying to leave the tank, ... if FR would mount that spray unit on the other side of the tank, the spray would help push the solids and the flow towards the drain but they don't most of the time, its a shorter run thus cheaper for them to mount it where they do, ...
Thanks. That's pretty much what I do. For some reason I never thought to use a splitter! Believe it or not, my 2019 did not come with a black tank flush system. I'm having the dealer add one so I hope they mount it in a better location.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScenicView View Post
Thanks. That's pretty much what I do. For some reason I never thought to use a splitter! Believe it or not, my 2019 did not come with a black tank flush system. I'm having the dealer add one so I hope they mount it in a better location.
I would specifically discuss where you want the spray head mounted. Have the dealer tell you why they can't do it that way.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I would specifically discuss where you want the spray head mounted. Have the dealer tell you why they can't do it that way.
That’s a good idea. Why leave it to chance?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #28

You can try this:
I also do the hand over hand method described above if this doesn't work
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #29

I use a macerator pump and a clear vinyl, one inch, discharge hose. My pump has a flush jet hose connection, I usually "fill and dump" rinse both the black and grey water tanks, then close both dump valves and flush the discharge hose, and pump, until I can visually tell it's clean enough to loop connect each 25 foot section of discharge hose and stow it, and the pump, in an air, light and water tight storage box . (pelican hard case)

I keep latex gloves, spray bleach water and Baby wipes in a separate, smaller ready service box, for spills and regular clean up.

A positive approach and a little planning will go a long way towards makin this necessary function go smoothly.
shooter51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #30

I have experienced the same problem at several Texas State Parks. With an automatic flush system, it is difficult, back-breaking and time consuming to pick up the hose several times to adequately empty the black tank. I have thought about purchasing this: Lippert - Kit - Flow Down 365053
skparker929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:45 AM   #31

I just put my TT on a seasonal site and encountered this problem. I simply raised the trailer by using solid cement blocks ( the 3” or 4” ones ) and that did the trick AND got my tires out of the dirt for the long term.
Dtpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 AM   #32

I vote for the "saws-all".
MOJO3150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJO3150 View Post
I vote for the "saws-all".
x3

And if that don't work, pfft.. personally, if it was that much higher, I'd complain and not hook up my hose. In a few days when I gotta go empty it, I'd be saying, cya... because I would never come back to a campground that needlessly does this to it's paying customers.

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I simply start at the sewer port on the R/V lifting the hose about waist high and head towards the in-ground sewer port "walking' the arch of the hose towards the in-ground dump pipe. You'll need to do this several times to 'clear' the hose.

And, if the in-ground port doesn't screw in, you may need a helper to stand with their foot on the in-ground connection to keep the weight of the hose and the liquid from pulling it out and making a mess.
Don't forget the helper - voice of experience!

2005 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
We always check with a carpenter's level to see if the in-ground sewer receptacle is above the level of our sewer discharge connector. If so, we raise our trailer on leveling jacks until we are above the in-ground receptacle. Has happened once in 45 years!!
I realize this is an older post and not really relevant to this thread, but...are you using your stabilizer jacks to level your trailer? Or do you have actual, true leveling jacks installed in the correct locations to prevent frame damage and provide stability? Being that you said "once in 45 years" I'm left thinking you're using the stabilizers as levelers but wanted to ask rather than assume.