Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Sewer Smell in Bunkhouse

We just bought a 2014 Rockwood 8313SS. We took it out for the first time this weekend and at the end if the day noticed a strong sewer smell in the back bunkhouse. We tried looking for a loose vent pipe or something but it seems to be behind a wall with no access. Had anyone else had this problem before?

DAM1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Originally Posted by DAM1162 View Post
Had anyone else had this problem before?

would just like to watch this thread
we never had this problem until the last trip home
couldn't figure it out
why now is this thing stinking to high heaven ?

it never did it before

Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #3
I had the same problem on my last trailer I had to get on the roof take the cap off the black tank vent pipe ran a sewer snake down got the clog out flushed out the tank and it went away
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Well we located and solved the problem! (We hope...). Got up on the roof and located the sewer vent, removed a little sealant from the screw hole and took off the top. Found that the sewer pipe was about an inch above the rough cut out in the roof but well below the inside top of the vent assembly. It was also loose in the cut out with about 1/4 inch open and unsealed around the pipe... Well when I had the wife turn on the AC, air immediately blew out of the rough cut and around the pipe. I sealed the area around the rough cut and pipe with plumbers putty and backfilled the vent assembly around the pipe to secure it. I believe that sewer gas was sinking back down around into the roof/ceiling cavity and venting back through into the bunkhouse when we turned the bathroom fan on. Hope we're done with this issue... Thanks for the responses and hopefully this will help someone else. Happy camping!!
DAM1162 is offline   Reply With Quote