Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #41

And...........the final answer........

When I took out the filter and put in the blue plug, it sucked antifreeze right through there and dumped it through the icemaker into the ice bin. No, it did not make 'pink ice', it can't. But it makes a red slush, which proves it's working.

So, I ruined a filter by not putting in the plug first (duh!!) but that's ok. Now I know how to do it. And post mortem, blowing out the lines helps but probably immaterial, as it did not get all the water out of any line.

(On a completely different subject, sidebar..........after sitting in my driveway for weeks, with the black tank flushed to the max.......not one drop will come out...the stupid sensors in the panel still read 2/3 full, 3 lights are on. The other sensors work, but the black tank doesn't. I think those lights are stuck "on". I thought they would dry out finally and go off, but noooooo).

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
(On a completely different subject, sidebar..........after sitting in my driveway for weeks, with the black tank flushed to the max.......not one drop will come out...the stupid sensors in the panel still read 2/3 full, 3 lights are on. The other sensors work, but the black tank doesn't. I think those lights are stuck "on". I thought they would dry out finally and go off, but noooooo).
Most likely there is a piece of paper hanging on the sensor. I don't trust the lights on the panel for the black tank, they never seem to make sense and for the rest of the tanks they are usually approximately close, sometimes.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Winterized mine yesterday as I always do. Blew out lines until no water came out ( closed faucets and reopened several times). Then pumped pink stuff through lines. In several of the faucets, there was a second or so of fresh water from the faucet before the pink stuff started to flow. Certainly enough water to cause a rupture.

Well did mine last night too. No pink stuff so say a little prayer for me as it is supposed to get down below 20 degrees here tonight. Last year the dealer had it and blew out the lines for me and one of the toilet valves blew out. I'm hoping I did a better job than them. Previously I did my class C for 6 years with out ever having a problem but this one seemed a lot harder to get the lines completely clear and a lot more fixtures to deal with. I spent over 3 hours going front to back from the low point drains to the outside shower to the water heater to the water filter housing to the washer dryer hookups to the front bathroom to the kitchen to the back bathroom to the outside kitchen and all over again I don't know how many times.......whew!

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter