Old 03-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Not to hijack the thread, but I flew C-130 cargo planes not tankers.
I did a short paper about old "Wrong Way" a while back.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
OPPS, My mistake.

Sorry Herk, I didn't mean to upgrade your status to a "GAS IN THE SKY PILOT". You were a military UPS man ??

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Uh, smaller with propellers.

When it absolutely, positively has to get there someday....

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Happy owner SOB

After reading this I had to check my Windjammer. It's the same, only different. Hot water is correct, counter to increase flow, cold was wrong, clockwise to increase. I just pulled the control valve out and repositioned the chrome flow plate (it has two holes in it) to a different position and reinstalled. I still have to do the outside shower and will take pictures of details when I do. I drilled a weep hole in the bottom of the cover while I had it off to provide a path for water to escape.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #15

For those experiencing this issue, there is a simple fix that's REALLY EASY. First turn off the pump/water and open the subject valve to release water, and then close it. On the side that turns the wrong way, if you remove the cover in the center of the knob and remove the screw and knob, you should see the valve, and notice the thick white valve stop on the left side of the valve with the knob removed in the pic below. (The locknut is already removed in this pic, but it's installed in the other pic)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401636555638.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	54003
You have to remove the plastic nut that holds the valve in, and pull the valve out and rotate it 180 degrees so that it looks like the picture below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401636594937.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	54004
Now, comes the tricky part, but really it's simple. With the valve in the new position, turn it clockwise to the off position (IT'S BEST TO FIT THE KNOB ON AND DO THIS, AS OFF POSITION IS CRITICAL). Without twisting/turning the valve, pull it straight out, and sit it down in exactly the position it installs (OR AT LEAST GET A GOOD MENTAL IMAGE). Look into the cavity that it goes in, and you should see a black rubber washer/o-ring (or whatever the plumbing term is). Note it's position/orientation. Look at the end of the valve that goes into the cavity, and you will see a stainless piece with 2 holes in it. It will pull out of the slots that its 2 metal tabs are in. You have to rotate it (should be a quarter turn) to where the solid part will cover the rubber washer. Basically so that neither of the holes is over the rubber washer. Make sure that the rubber washer and spring that goes behind it are properly in place, then reinstall the valve and put the plastic nut back on. Turn water on and make sure it works properly before finish installing the knob. If you get water flow with the valve off, you didn't position the metal plate properly. Trial and error will get you there, but you have to pay attention to having and keeping the valve in the off position when removing it to orient the metal plate. Very simple and worthwhile for getting rid of the annoyance. Be careful to release the pressure before removing the locknut, or water will push the valve, washer and spring out. It's not a big deal, the spring fits in the washer and goes back in the recess in the faucet body effortlessly. Good luck and if need be PM me if you need walking through on the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote