Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #1

Shower door handles fell off

I'm in trouble. Hubby is not impressed. I forgot to secure the shower doors in our Blue Ridge 3025RL and the doors bounced around enough on our trip home to cause the handles to fall off. Now I can't figure out how they go back on. There are 3 glass panels and I thought there was a handle one each end panel, but now the panel nearest the toilet is tight to the wall and doesn't move, so I can't get either of the handles on that side. I'm attaching pictures of the handles. Can anyone help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower clip1.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	78669   Click image for larger version

Name:	shower clip2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	464.3 KB
ID:	78670  
MoreCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
The curved part is the hand/ finger pull....just a second, I'll go look....of course, mines different... but looks like the cavite with the fabric/tape goes on the glass.... does the door have any residue from where the handle was before? Could you take a pic. of door?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:22 AM   #3

Thanks, Bob. Taking a pic of the door would have been a good idea, but of course I didn't think of it until after we left the camper at the storage unit! Ha ha. I'm sure you're right about where they go and I had the same idea about checking for residue. I did find the spot where the handle without the insert goes. The real trouble is the door that is no longer sliding in the track. That door is firmly locked in place against the wall so the part that would have had the handle on it is inside the door frame. We're scared to try to force that door to move in case we break it, but without that handle installed (the one with the black insert) the doors rattle quite a bit. I should have asked if anyone has had to remove and reinstall those doors...?
Old 06-01-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Is the door sitting like it should in it's open area ( square).....is it a pocket door set-up....one that slides into cubbyhole? If so, is the door square in the opening....more sticking out at top/bottom ? Trying to determine if it's a pocket type door.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #5

Guessing your shower is similar to the one in our Sabre. I just had the head piece, along with the three for pieces, off of mine on Friday. There's two screw's that you can see on that top header piece on the inside of the shower. I'd remove them, then, with two people, gently bun firmly, lift the head piece and doors up. You may have to hit it first to get it to lift up.
Id guess one gentle lift would re-center your doors.

Hope this helps, good luck
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #6

Mine are identical. Must be a Dabre. I will send you a pic later if needed. Use epoxy to put them back on. Mine had fallen off while staionary due to it being hot in the unit. Dinged my shower floor. Havent had an issue since reapplying with epoxy
Nastyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

Found a picture!

I already had this picture and didn't think to look for it, but it shows the set up pretty clear. Jtstromsburg, I think your suggestion of unscrewing the top header and lifting the doors is what we'll have to do to try to get that back door unjammed. Nastyfoot, we have some clear silicone that we had to use to seal the shower frame that was leaking all over the floor. We plan to use that to put the handle back on. This self-sticking black tape is a pretty stupid idea in the first place! I have to say that we've been disappointed overall in the quality and workmanship of this brand new camper. This last weekend the kitchen faucet quit working; no water and no sound like it was even trying. No blockage or kinks or any reason could we find. Hubs thinks the valve must have broken inside and we have ordered a replacement for a cool $125. Ugh. But we love the floorplan and that's why we bought it. Hopefully nothing major will go wrong. Thanks all for your help and feedback. I'll post the resolution or the next chapter of the saga. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower doors.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	78781  
Old 06-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #8

This happened to our 3025rl also, any glue that is suitable for glass & metal should be fine, dealer put ours back on.
mlwilliams808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #9

All is well again

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! Dave just had to loosen the screw on the top bar of the frame and that released the door. He put both handles back on with the clear silicone and so far, so good. We were out all last weekend with no issues. We also replaced the faucet in the kitchen with this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like it better because it comes up higher.
Happy camping all!

Tags
door, show, shower