Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #1

Shower Enclosure Leak

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with corner stall shower enclosure leaks. I have a Heritage Glen 300bh and love the unit EXCEPT every time I take a shower the enclosure leaks somewhere around the bottom frame. I'm also having an issue where the little "flap" of flashing rips along the bottom of the door. I replaced it with the one from the top, and it ripped again.

Looking to see if anyone has has issues that have been solved in regards to this.

Thx.
shatste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #2

I have. U can try to put a strip of caulking down. Might work.

It's not very hard to take apart. My whole bottom rail had water in it. Took my time cleaning the shower pan and the walls. Used Goo Gone and then dawn soap. Caulk the bottom of panels to be safe but u will have to clean it as u assembly it. Helps to have two people.

Then caulked everything and let it have the curing time. Solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatste View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with corner stall shower enclosure leaks. I have a Heritage Glen 300bh and love the unit EXCEPT every time I take a shower the enclosure leaks somewhere around the bottom frame. I'm also having an issue where the little "flap" of flashing rips along the bottom of the door. I replaced it with the one from the top, and it ripped again.

Looking to see if anyone has has issues that have been solved in regards to this.

Thx.
Those little wipers or 'flaps' are useless to begin with not only in an RV.
It is almost impossible to find the source of the leak, so the best thing to do is clean all seams and reseal top to bottom and front to back using clear kitchen and bath silicone (mold and mildew resistant). Let it cure for about 24 hours and see if it worked, if not do it again.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #4

Yes we have wildcat we bought a year ago. The shower leaks around the bottom. We've taken it back several times to get it fixed, but it still leaks. Can anyone help us out. We've been trying to contact the manufacture. and have had no luck. We're getting very frustrated and concerned about the damage that may be occurring due to this leak.
Grammynan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #5

Is it where the walls meet the shower pan(floor)? Or below? My shower pan had cracks and finally broke. I have rescaled the walls to the shower pan twice now.

Think the second was family leaning on walls. But enjoy the time I have with them.

U should see the water coming between the walls and the floor. If that's the case take walls off and clean good and give the proper time for silicone to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

Have only had a few issues since purchasing ours in March of 2013. First trip we had the fuse for the bathroom electrical Blow(easy fix). On our 9th(current) trip the shower started leaking from under the shower pan. There is an inspection panel in front, opened to see and found that the hole cut in sub floor for shower trap was not located properly so trap is at a severe angle and not sealed properly. Found A wet soapy sludge under neath along with wet insulation under sub floor. Apparently leaking for entire time of ownership. Will schedule a service visit after we get home tomorrow.
Update: dealer said to bring the trailor in and they will take pictures to send to forrestriver. Even though we are four months out of warranty hopefully they will take car of it.

arff2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #7

Our Crusader had a leaky shower on the first trip out. It was nicely caulked on the inside of the door frame, but where the bottom door tray/track met the vertical bar was not caulked. Was going to fix myself but the rig was going in for other warranty work. Told the dealer, they said I wasn't the first to have the problem (most brands had same issues) and they took care of it. no problem since.

Tags
leak, show, shower