Old 06-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #11
Originally Posted by gskill View Post
I have a 2015 2608 Rockwood and have a problem with a leak and can't seem to locate the source. I have caulked every place that it could be leaking from but it still continuing. it is not a major leak and I only can see it seeping from the wall after using the shower. I have caulked the faucets, the buttons that hold the shower to the wall, the bottom where the walls meet the shower pan, the joints where the walls meet the glass enclosure, the base of the enclosure. I even removed the faucets and turned on the water to see if there was moisture coming from the hose or connection behind it. I have removed the inspection plate under the shower pan and inspected the drain. This has been a problem since purchasing the RV in 2014. Unfortunately I live about 250 miles from the nearest Forest River repair facility and thought that I could remedy the leak myself.

I must be missing something and hoping someone may have some suggestions other than what I have already done.

Any updates yet. Have you found the leak yet?

sbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #12
Our 2014 HTT always had a little water on the floor next to the shower pan during the first season. I thought water splashed out during showers. When we de-winterized I was looking for leaks and found the problem. Shower faucets leaked on the hot water side when you turned on the hot water. The leak was after the faucet valve so it was not a constant leak. Changing out the faucet set fixed the leak.

1beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #13
i have had a similar problem with our 2014 grey wolf 29vt. I started to notice a small amount of water coming out from under the shower so i sealed all joints and screw heads i could see. took care of 80% of the water on floor this last trip but still getting just a bit after sealing everything . After checking everything out on the shower I'm wondering if the little bit still leaking may be coming from the shower door hinges letting water under the rail and then letting it leak onto the floor from the bottom of a screw that was sealed on top but not from the bottom. Going to trailer today to seal bottom of screws and also add more supports under shower floor for stability/safety. hopefully this works for me and helps you.
smithhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #14
I thought I found the leak. It seemed so obvious, however one might say that forest river would never build a shower stall this way. When I was checking the faucets for leaks I pulled the entire faucet off the wall as a unit to check the connections and pipe. This time I disassembled the faucet by removing the knobs and front plate and when I did I discovered unsealed holes leading behind the shower wall. I guess that that wasn’t unreasonable and probably predictable however when I examined the area where the shower hose connected to the faucet, an unsealed gap around the connector existed. I don’t know if the faucet was installed upside down ( if the connecting shower hose was fastened underneath instead of on top it probably wouldn’t have been an issue) or if a part sealing the area was omitted during installation however I sealed the area behind the faucet as well as the bottom of the connector. If this product is installed in other units as in mine, it can’t help but leak. Well guess what! Still leaks so we're still monitoring. I wanted to share this for others to consider. See pictures

Tried the suggestions of spraying water on different sections of the shower and no leak. placed 2 inches of water in the pan and got in and moved around, no leak. let the water drain and looked under the pan at the drain, no leak.

When I purchased the RV, the shower floor was like a trampoline so I built a sub floor to stiffen it up. maybe I moved something just enough to create the leak although there was no visible evidence. I removed everything I installed so I could clearly see under the pan. took a shower and no leak. All I can do at the point is continue to monitor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0040.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	81723   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0041.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	81724  
gskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
Sounds like progress, Sherlock :-). Thanks for the update.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #16
Still leaking but now caulked the door jam where a small crack exists the length of the door frame on both sides. we'll see if this resolves the problem.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:41 AM   #17
Final post: while on our trip to the western US decided to go to the factory on our way home in Elkhart. We also had bin door leaks. We were treated with the utmost consideration and the employees couldn't have been more helpful. Unfortunately they could not find the leak so they replaced the entire shower enclosure. No more leaks, I hope. They reinstalled all bin doors and reduced the amount of water entering the storage area to a drip, however they ordered new doors (the doors on hand were a different color) shipped to our home in Florida. They are arranging a local installer to make the repairs.

thanks to all who had suggestions and hopefully some of this thread will be helpful to other.

leak, show, shower