Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #1

Shower water leaking from under trailer

(reference to old 2012 thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...th-140177.html)
Brand new Grey Wolf 26dbh. 3rd trip out and found water leaking from under the trailer, at the very back. The liner underneath was bulging and hanging low and water leaking out of a wire conduit sticking through the liner. The old thread noted above has pics and does a great job describing problem... but no solution stated. Additional info: Did some troubleshooting and determined only water from shower was leaking. Sinks were not leaking and (thankfully) black water was not. I poked hole in center of sagging liner to let out the water, but insulation is soaked so still sags. Made an appointment (next month) to bring trailer back to dealer. They seemed to know exactly what i was describing, so apparently its a known issue. They said it was still OK to camp with just to poke the hole to let out the water (like i had already done). Will update next month with service results. If anyone has already gone through this, i would be interested to know what the root cause is.
BillyBobJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #2

Have a look under shower pan if p trap is disconnected. There should be a small access panel at shower pan base.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...un-164206.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Site Team

If your shower has a raised floor, this may be an easy fix. There should be an inspection port on the side of the raised platform. Remove the caps then the two screws and access the drain. Recently we have seen several instances of the slip fitting on the drain pipe to the trap was not tightened and slipped down allowing the shower water drain into the belly pan. Simply slide the slip fitting back up onto the drain tube and tighten the slip fitting. If your shower does not have a raised floor, then you may need to cut the belly pan to access the slip fitting.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #4

I found the same symptoms in my new Geo pro 19FBS. After a lot of digging I found the cold water connection is leaking. I tried carefully tightening it which worked for a while but it is leaking again. Used some tape and plastic to redirect the leak into the shower for now. I am a little leery of doing that again for fear of causing a bigger problem while I’m nowhere near a service facility.
Masterpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #5

Hi all, I just wanted to follow up and close this one out.... So, in the end FlyBob and fonzie were right. There was an access panel to the raised floor of the shower (right by the toilet where its not easy to access) and when checked the drain pipe was not connected to the trap. Easy fix. Nevertheless, i had taken the trailer back to the dealer for replacing the insulation that was soaking wet as well as a few other things that we found wrong during our first few outings (i wont hijack this thread for them but will list them below for new owner reference). Sadly, we missed out on prime glamping dates because the dealer had it and wont be able to test the fixes out until next season. Thanks again to you guys for the quick and accurate replies. We appreciate it.

Other issues found on this new Forest River: One of the outside speakers didnt work, one of the stabilizers was loose and had a bent screw, bathroom sink had a slight leak (still cant figure out where its coming from), one of the outside storage doors had a lock that could not be easily locked/unlocked with the key (think; "this key is going to break!")
Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #6

Glad you got shower leak resolved and reinstalled. I’d be Leary about the soaked insulation, if it got floor decking wet and was not dried out and treated for mold and mildew you could end up with rot. Also the sink leak that has not been found is not a good situation either. Water is the DEATH to an RV. Just saying.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #7

Ugh.. didn't think of the wet wood under the shower. I'm going to have try and check it through that access panel. I also made the mistake of picking up the trailer on a weekend when their service dept. was off (was the only time i could get there). When i picked it up I notice the liner, under the trailer was not replaced. They simply taped over the hole i poked in it to drain the water. Makes me wonder if they actually replaced the insulation at all, since i would think getting to the insulation would have required ripping the old liner out. On top of that, they claim there was no leak in the sink... but my wife swears there is/was. We had it winterized (since our window for camping has since been shot) which means we cant test for leaks. I'll quit whining now, but this whole experience has really turned us off to rv'ing.
Thanks for that good feedback, though. I will be speaking with the dealer later today anyway, since they double charged me for the winterizing.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #8

For the bathroom sink leak, make sure the aerator is screwed on straight and all the way.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, show, shower, trailer, water, water leak